Contract bonuses when loaning out players

mersk

Reaction score
A fairly basic question:

Let's say you have a player on 5k p/w, 1k appearance bonus and 1k goal bonus. You loan him out to whatever team covering 100% of his wages. When he scores a goal, who's paying the extra 2k? You, or the club that loaned him? Or the third option: No one pays it, as it only counts for appearances and goals made for your club?

Is there an official answer to this question? I've been searching for a definite (or official) answer for quite a long time now, with no success. Surely someone does know how this works?

Thanks in advance!

The contract a player seals with his team as nothing to do with a loan contract...Each one of them is a seperate contract...When you sign a player on loan you negotiate the terms...For instance if you agree to pay them percentage of its contract then it is the only sum of money you will pay...Notice when they agrees to loan someone there is a period of time for the player himself to consider the new contract...Now he needs to make a choice...If he thinks there is a good chance for him to play with his team he will probably reject your offer...But in case he feel there is no chance for him to play there,he would accept the new loan contract since he knows he is not going to play there and as such is not loosing any money...He would rather play as a loan player for the new club WITHOUT getting any of the clauses for his home team...He would do that since he thinks getting First team playing time with the new team is an invaluable for him than just sit on the bench and do nothing...He know that if he going to prove himself there he just might get a new contract there with all the benefits...You can look at loan contract as a prolonged "offer trial"...However with all that was said he still can come and say "you want me to play for ,pay me all my bonuses here at my club, and I come"...But with Football Manager they only accept or reject...

Last edited: