DannyLFC1892

Reaction score
Just won the league in my first season with Liverpool and desperately need new full backs to replace Enrique and Johnson.

I have had bids accepted for Lucas Digne, Serge Aurier and Luke Shaw, yet when I open contract negotiations their agent immediately says their client is not interested. As a test, I even released Johnson, Toure, and Flanagan on the off chance there was too many players for that position, but the same thing happened.

All three players have been scouted several times and they come back saying they'd be extremely interested in joining. Aurier even has me listed as favoured personnel.

Does anyone have a solution to this, or at least know if the problem resolves itself in the next transfer window?

If not, any idea of any good alternatives to Aurier, Digne and Shaw?

I've managed to sign other players this season with no problem so I guess it's just a bug.

Any help much appreciated!

Sign a director of football or set your HoD to do negotiations.

If they begin negotiations then immediately go in and change them. They'll probably want more. It's down to your negotiating attributes vs. getting someone in who's better rating outweighs yours.

I experienced this with Draxler a lot when I tried to sign him with Arsenal. If it was just me doing the negotiations then he'd reject outright. I'd set it so that HoD looks after contracts and boom... ;-)

It's kinda realistic in a sense too!

If they begin negotiations then immediately go in and change them. They'll probably want more. It's down to your negotiating attributes vs. getting someone in who's better rating outweighs yours.

I experienced this with Draxler a lot when I tried to sign him with Arsenal. If it was just me doing the negotiations then he'd reject outright. I'd set it so that HoD looks after contracts and boom... ;-)

Cheers for the reply. Would this be the same principle as setting your assistant manager to handle negotiations when adding players to the transfer target list? If so, I tried this with Bruno Demichelis and the same thing happened.

Ignore that last post, it seems to have worked, cheers mate! I signed Pantaleo Corvino as DOF and I can now open talks with Serge Aurier. Luke Shaw still won't negotiate, but maybe that has something to do with Corvino being Italian and having continental rep?

Ignore that last post, it seems to have worked, cheers mate! I signed Pantaleo Corvino as DOF and I can now open talks with Serge Aurier. Luke Shaw still won't negotiate, but maybe that has something to do with Corvino being Italian and having continental rep?
Yup ;-)

Now do you get how in-depth this game is just by that? It's realistic to a degree but I don't think it's intentional LOL. I do enjoy that feature personally though. I'm anti-transfers as I think they're abused now days (IRL and in game) ;-)

Yeah it makes sense, and it does make it more in depth, but I do think it's a bit stupid when a player has you listed as favoured personnel and dreams about playing for a club like Liverpool but won't even enter contract negotiations. Maybe i'll go for him in January or next season instead, I signed Layvin Kurzawa from Monaco so i'll see how he does.

I also noticed there's alot of regen agents on the game that are very impatient and prefer their clients to stay at their current clubs, Luke Shaw and Serge Aurier both have these, so hopefully they'll sack their agents, as I think this also has a major influence on whether or not a player signs.

Im also with Liverpool now, I've kept both luis enrique and johnson for the second season, and now in the third sold them both and replaced them with: Danilo, De sciglio, Moreno and I had Jonathan Silva from second season

Im also with Liverpool now, I've kept both luis enrique and johnson for the second season, and now in the third sold them both and replaced them with: Danilo, De sciglio, Moreno and I had Jonathan Silva from second season

How much did you pay for Moreno and what are his wages like? Wanted De Sciglio but he went to Real Madrid. I'm trying to offload Johnson, he has 12 months left on his contract and wants 100k a week to renew and there's no chance I'm paying that for a 30 year old.

I see how the game does vary save to save, I'm in September of the second season, yet I signed Luke Shaw without a Director of Football or anything. Was quite happy to join and had no problems when it came to contract offers! I don't know whether it had anything to do with the fact that I'd already had Callum Chambers at the team?

How much did you pay for Moreno and what are his wages like? Wanted De Sciglio but he went to Real Madrid. I'm trying to offload Johnson, he has 12 months left on his contract and wants 100k a week to renew and there's no chance I'm paying that for a 30 year old.

I've paid $10m for Moreno, but Im in 3rd season he was more expensive in second, his wages are $50k

I see how the game does vary save to save, I'm in September of the second season, yet I signed Luke Shaw without a Director of Football or anything. Was quite happy to join and had no problems when it came to contract offers! I don't know whether it had anything to do with the fact that I'd already had Callum Chambers at the team?

Not sure. Unless Callum Chambers is favoured personnel I'm don't know if it would make much difference, as I had Ward-Prowse and he still wasn't interested. My previous experience of semi-pro might have something to do with it, but like I said he has me as favoured personnel so it doesn't make much sense. What's Luke Shaw's agent like in your save? Is he an impatient regen that prefers his clients to stay at the current club? Since negotiations are handled when the agents are present I'm guessing that's the cause of the problem.