Contract Negotiation Problem (what's goin on with these restrictions??)

joefrizz

Reaction score
sorry I don't know where to put this thread

so Everton accept my bid for John Stones (2.5M + Sadio mane), but when it time to negotiate contract I can't offer him more than 100 p/w salary

View attachment 299785

as you can see I can only offer salary for 100 p/w max, and signing on fee 4k max, while I have team payroll budget 625k remaining (from total budget of 1.6M p/w)

this how my club finance condition:

View attachment 299781..........View attachment 299779

what's going on with these restrictions ??

so I can't do anything until in the green again despite being allowed 625k more on budget payroll ? I always thought I always in the red like that every mid season before I get the money from tv right and league position prize from current season

From the looks of it you're consistently losing money, and that small peak in May due to TV revenue and league position doesn't seem to help much at all. A month or two later you're back in the red.

Your board is obviously not impressed with your financial (lack of) control, which a 30% of transfer revenue reflects.

Maybe try reducing your transfer budget to accommodate the wage budget?

From the looks of it you're consistently losing money, and that small peak in May due to TV revenue and league position doesn't seem to help much at all. A month or two later you're back in the red.

Your board is obviously not impressed with your financial (lack of) control, which a 30% of transfer revenue reflects.

I'm screwed .. I can't even offer new contract to my current players now with these restrictions, and I only spent half the budget of 33M they gave me in the start of new season so I can have some money available in mid season to make a bid for the unexpected transfer listed and unhappy players, should have spent them all

Maybe try reducing your transfer budget to accommodate the wage budget?

already done that ..nothing change, and without changing I still have 625k remaining in my wage budget

Last edited:
One final throw of the dice - since your job status is very secure (if you haven't done it yet) - you could make a board request and then leak it if it's denied. But be careful if doing that, though - that's how I got myself fired. Leaks aren't anonymous!

One final throw of the dice - since your job status is very secure (if you haven't done it yet) - you could make a board request and then leak it if it's denied. But be careful if doing that, though - that's how I got myself fired. Leaks aren't anonymous!

I would advise against that. Leaking to the press is too likely to get you fired unless you've been at the club for 3-4 years and have had some success. He would get fired 10/10 times.

never try that before ..i thought only the players can throw a tantrum about their demands ..so i can too ..hmm

Make sure you save your progress first on the off chance that you can't talk your way out of it should you be summoned for a meeting.

I would advise against that. Leaking to the press is too likely to get you fired unless you've been at the club for 3-4 years and have had some success. He would get fired 10/10 times.

I'm 1/1 - perfect 100% record!! Lesson learned for future board interactions though.

got fired!! ...reload time

the problem just not about offering contract for player I bid, my 3 key players now sulking in the locker room cause I declined their request for improve contract (which I gladly gave them if i could)

so i reload my game to earlier date 26 Feb 2016 (my current game save is 10 Mar 2016)

at this time i still can offer normal salary without restrictions, here's example of my contract offerView attachment 299714

comparison of finance summary between earlier save (26 Feb) and current save (10 Mar)

26 Feb
View attachment 299710.....View attachment 299709

10 Mar
View attachment 299708.....View attachment 299707

I have actually less debt in 10 Mar than in 26 Feb (earlier), but in March there is restrictions while in 26 Feb none

What reason did they give? Or did they just pretty much tell you to make do with what you have?

Have you offered contracts to potential free transfers? or other bids out in the market...
If you have a headroom of 100k and offered contracts for 99k (players not arrived yet) - then you can only give 1k...

I can see your headroom is 625k - so this might not be the problem.... :(

What reason did they give? Or did they just pretty much tell you to make do with what you have?
no reason or explanation, just found out the restrictions when trying to negotiate contract

Have you offered contracts to potential free transfers? or other bids out in the market...
If you have a headroom of 100k and offered contracts for 99k (players not arrived yet) - then you can only give 1k...

I can see your headroom is 625k - so this might not be the problem.... :(
I offer contract to my own players (extension), to free agent, to player I bid (transfer), all have those restrictions in contract negotiation

PS:
never mind guys, now it's back to normal, I did nothing but the restrictions gone now in 21 mar 2016

View attachment 299500

Last edited: