contract negotiations:- low minimum fee release clauses

dbs86

Reaction score
So Im playing a save with Athletic Bilbao and contract negotiation time rolls around. Im trying to tie all my young and / or quality players down to long term deals with high release fees. But after setting a realistic release fee say £10 million or so upon euggesting terms the agent comes back with a locked fee of less than their current one in the low millions (£3-4 mil).

Anyone have any advice as to how I can not bankrupt my club with massive wages but have decent release fees too?

Obviously Bilbao can only sign basque players and I dont want the future of my squad being stolen away for a few million after they have impressed in a few apperances so ideally high release clauses all around

Thanks guys

I try to avoid release clauses so I often exclude them from negotiations, although that does mean you have to compensate with higher wages. Maybe you can try locking the release clause at a certain amount yourself, before they get the chance to?

Spanish clubs are required to put release clauses on their player's contracts unfortunately..but yeah, only option is to indeed try and lock the clause amount yourself.