mcsmokey_2k9

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Was just wondering if any of you had any tips or advice on how to get your players to accept a contract that is reasonable. For instance if my average wage is 3k and i am looking to sign a player but he wants 5k a week, i obviously cant afford that, but whenever i offer say 3.7k they just drop the demands to 4.9k or end negotiations. Any help would be appreciated.

mcsmokey_2k9:1659475 said:
Hi Guys.

Was just wondering if any of you had any tips or advice on how to get your players to accept a contract that is reasonable. For instance if my average wage is 3k and i am looking to sign a player but he wants 5k a week, i obviously cant afford that, but whenever i offer say 3.7k they just drop the demands to 4.9k or end negotiations. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
frank70:1659517 said:
mcsmokey_2k9:1659475 said:
Hi Guys.

try raising team of the year, goal bonus, and app fee. this along with a high agent fee can sometimes do the trick.

try raising team of the year, goal bonus, and app fee. this along with a high agent fee can sometimes do the trick.

Exactly this. For example, if they player wants an appearance fee in his contract and he is a rotational squad player then why not offer him more of an appearance fee and less wage demands? By working this out with a little bit of maths you could be saving yourself money for the duration of the contract as well as enabling the player to signing a new contract. :)

Also, if you're looking to sign a player who'll be around for a number of years (hopefully), then offer the longest contract possible. If you're only signing players to 1 or 2 year deals, they'll be wanting wage rises each time it comes to negotiate a new deal. Especially if you're a successful team, and/or promoting a lot. Common sense I know, but sometimes it doesn't occur to people, myself included in the past. :p