Jamo23

Reaction score
So i'm in the 2018/2019 season with Accrington Stanley, in my 2nd season in the Premiership. Currently struggling so as we enter January I decide to go on the lookout for a new midfielder cause mine don't seem to be up for it.

I see a 23 year old from Lyon for sale, he seems to fit the bill perfectly. My offer gets accepted but he refuses to negotiate a contract. A week later he moves to Everton. Who are 19th, whereas I am 15th.

I can only assume that Accringtons reputation is lower than Evertons, and that is the reason he won't enter negotiations. But why? We're both in the Premiership. Does he think that we'll be relegated? Isn't that what all the clauses are for?

Surely, if we're in the same league as Everton, a player will speak to both of us, even if he does ask for relegaton release clauses.

I find it infuriating that my 'low reputation' means people won't negotiate with me. Why can't they just still negotiate a contract, but just want all sorts of 'get the **** out of here if it isn't going well' clauses?

I'm fine with my players all having relegation release clauses, because I do not intend whatsoever to get relegated!

Anyone else have a similar problem?

It's just one of those things mate.

In my 3rd season with Portsmouth, 1st season back in the prem, I agreed a fee with Blackpool for Charlie Adam, as did Tottenham, i offered him a good contract as Key Player, but he ended up going to Tottenham and only playing 6 games all season. Thats life!

Motivated by money I guess, just like real life!