Contract Refused by kompany and kaboul

hwaterl

Reaction score
I m now managing Leeds in 2013 and get managed to loan Kompany from City and Kaboul from Tottenham (which they were both transfer listed), and in the loan clauses they both included a future fee
they played really well during the season and leeds would probably get into top 3 in EPL, EURO cup semi final+FA cup final...
but the problem is when i tried to sign them for permanent, they refused to go into contract consideration and wasnt able to sign them.. but the fans and board like them so much (especially kompany) which i think i must sign them up in order to satisfy them :)

any good methods to make them start the contract talks? i am now trying to build a good relationship with them by praising them/recommend players

It might also have to do with your club's current stature. If it's too low they may think signing for your club too much of a step down, especially if you're new to the EPL and they play for bigger clubs like City and Tottenham. If all else fails you may be able to get them on loan for another season while you club becomes more established.

As SpaceOwl said.

I had this problem with Wednesday and Kadlec, who has signed for Chelsea. He wouldnt sign for me from Chelsea, I loaned him for one season & he was sad to leave, took him again on loan the next season but included a buy now price, now I can sign him when ever I want as we are doing well again and Wednesday is among his favourite clubs and im his favourite personell.

Praising them when praise is deserved and signing players/staff they recommend will also "bond" them to the club and you in particular.

On Kompany, I tried signing him for Wednesday, He wanted £112,000/week and even after all negotiations the lowest he would accept was £84,000. The wage cap set by me lies at £16k with only two earning more (Wejnaldum £45k & Eduardo £30k), therefore I walked away and signed Tony Huston on a free.

I read something on this forum a few years ago that really stayed with me. It said that no matter how good you think a player is and no matter how much you think you want to buy him, most of the time there is someone better and cheaper. The only thing between you and signing the best player is time and effort.
Kompany & Kaboul are really good players but if you look hard enough you might find a couple of hidden gems that are even better.

Good Luck

thanks everyone for the comments :D i hv just won the EURO cup with leeds and they suddenly changed their mind on contract talks...however they were both demanding too much (kaboul: 56k/week, kompany 110k/week) which i couldnt effort to pay these...

any good replacement for them?i need a player like kompany which can play DM+DC and a DR with good defense attributes. :)

I recomend you to take a look at Daniel Schwaab. He is one of my favourite DR in the game and one of the best money can buy. He is strong, has good mental stats and defensive qualities. If I buy him, I always do it in my 1st season, so I don't know how much he costs later in the game. Scout him and if you can afford him don't even think about it, SIGN HIM !

I recomend you to take a look at Daniel Schwaab. He is one of my favourite DR in the game and one of the best money can buy. He is strong, has good mental stats and defensive qualities. If I buy him, I always do it in my 1st season, so I don't know how much he costs later in the game. Scout him and if you can afford him don't even think about it, SIGN HIM !
looks like good choice :D
and for DC, hows Phil Jones? is he really good?...costs me 13m and waiting for my confirm right now haha

Last edited: