Reaction score
Is it actually efficient to let your assistant do it or will I save money if I do it myself? Do u guys do the renewals yourselves?

Never given it a chance, wouldn't want him ******* up and either overpaying everyone, or failing to sign up players I want to keep. And I swear by minimum release clauses.

Well i tend to do mine as i dont always give the older players the wages they request and i only give them a contract of a year extension and the players who i dont think are very good for my team i let go at the end of their contracts :)

Always handle contracts myself i even handle the youths contracts also i never trust him to do the contracts

it depends on the player, what I do is on the 21st December each year I sort my squad with the Contract view and see whose is coming up to an end in 6 months (and 10 days time)

this is when I offer contracts to players I want to keep, if your *** manager does them, they will always get what they want instead of you negotiating with them and saving cash, I have it set as *** Manager handles contracts (in case I miss one) however, the above method is sufficient ;)

The effeciency depends a lot (if not everything) on the quality of your assistant. If he has judging ability and potential stats of 6 or something, then I would do it yourself. I now have the scandinavian scouting guy (forgot the name) as my *** manager, he has 18 for both stats and I let him (succesfully) manage my youth and reserve contracts. But you have to take into account, from the moment your assistant thinks the player can be just a decent player or better, he'll offer the player a contract most of the time. So if you only want to keep the real good youngsters then I would do it yourself.

ever since my assistant manager gave a 200,000 contract to a reserve team player in barcelona i never let him do a contract dealing again. although yes of course it's barcelona, i still don't want to give away money for fun. also i do think this probably was a bug though.