Aannddyy

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone has had a better/ worse experience when it comes to negotiating contracts on FM13? On FM12 it was annoying that clubs could offer less for players and they could ask you to pay a % of wages but not the other way around.. etc.

IMO, it hasn't changed.. If anything it has got worse. I've had Ogbonna demand £70k per week despite being on a £5k p/w contract and then join another club for £20k. Also players are not willing to take a pay cut to join me yet my DOF is willing to pay 70% of my players wages if he joins another club.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant but I am genuinely curious to see if people are having easier negotiations or if it's more difficult? And the tax thing doesn't really effect anything, although it is interesting looking at the different taxes. :) Gutted though, had hoped SI would implement a much fairer transfer system this year, it seems not.

yeah no change on my end, and the atually negotations with a player for his contract are as poor as last year, should be an option to talk to the player and say like, hey we cant afford to pay you as much as the other teams but we really want you here! or something

Ferrie Bodde annoyed me. At St. Johnstone he wanted 2 grand a week, good deal I thought, he'll be boss for tons of teams.

When managing Blackpool he wanted 10/20K. Bizzare.

Similar thing happened with Gylfi Sigurdsson IRL, he was going to sign for Swansea on a low wage, then when Rodgers left and joined Liverpool and tried to sign him his wages had double. Club reps play a major part.