mersk

Reaction score
I often keep a lookout in december/january for good players who will run out of contract the coming summer, so that I can "approach to sign". But it seems like it's impossible to do this with players in the same league? I haven't been able to "approach to sign" any players from my own league who are in this situation. Is this simply something normal that I haven't been aware of, or is it just me this is happening with?

Well, what team are you managing? And what is your rep and club rep like? And depending who you got in your squad, I mean who is your highest profile.

Team: Liverpool.
My rep: World Class.
Club rep: Worldwide.
Highest profile: Neymar.

So I don't really think that's the problem.

Team: Liverpool.
My rep: World Class.
Club rep: Worldwide.
Highest profile: Neymar.

So I don't really think that's the problem.

I think you have to wait till they run out if you are in the same league. For example I'm not sure that Prem clubs can talk to Walcott in Jan, but overseas clubs can.

pretty sure its normal I england. as far I recall I couldnt sign players from uk clubs on free before marts or something similiar. so guess its some english tranfer rule

Yeah that was my best guess so far, just wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.

Yeah that was my best guess so far, just wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.
I believe that it is a rule English clubs!. You can sign anyone outside of England pre-transfer contact in January or talk to them!, anyone who's plays for English club you can't talk to them or sign them until June but you can sign anyone who on non-contact or rolling contact!. I'm not sure if that applies to other countries to sign players on a bosman ruling! (if you haven't heard that term it means out of contact). It was named after dutch footballer who took he's club to court to be come a free agent!.

Yeah I'm familiar with the bosman ruling. And yes, I suppose it's something that just applies to signing players in England while managing an english club. No biggie though, as I have way more cash than I can possibly spend anyway, I was just curious.