mullerb

Reaction score
Hello,

Just a quick one, is there anyway in FM to do the below scenario?

Player is signed in January on a short term contact (Until the end of the season). If Player plays more then X amount of games Player gets an extended contract for X amount of years.

For example Tijani Belaid was bought in by Hull City on the 27 January 2011, he played 8 games for the club and as he has a clause which states if he plays X amount of games his contract would have been extended by two years. As he did not trigger this clause he was released.

Thanks,

Muller

I know for older players you can put in a clause for a one-year extension if they play a certain number of games. I'm not sure if you can do this for anyone in January, I would have thought so though.

In clauses you can select One Year Extension After League Games (Final Season). That would be your only option I think.

I'm not seeing that? Not even for older players in the last year of contract.

When your offering a player a contract, below where the agents fee and wages are there should be a clauses section. Click on clauses and your'll get a list come up that you can select from, it should be on there. Click on it and you can set the number of games they can play.

Note you have to be offering them one year deals for this to work though.

Yeah, agree with King Sid. That has worked for me (Pires wanted it - he was on a 1 year contract). If the player doesn't accept a 1 year contract, bribe him/his agent and it should work!