Darjan88

Reaction score
Hi, guys. First of all I would like to say a few words. I am creating tactics while playing FM, I am not playing FM to create tactics and than testing them with various clubs. I don't have time for that. I played Bayern while developing this tactic. It took me about 20 games to finally find right combination. I have tried many variations, different roles and positions for the most crucial part of the plan, middle of the pitch. I knew from the beginning what I want from my players on the pitch so I just needed to implement ideas into FM. When I creating my tactics I don't think about how they looks on the tactic board, I think about players movements on the pitch so this may look like very defensive tactic but it's actually very offensive with high percent of ball possession (60% average with above 500 successful passes which is 85% acc.) and many shots on goal.

I wanted from my players to learn how to build up slowly from the back and score a goal against popular bus defense because when you can penetrate very defensive formations you can score any time and grab points. I didn't wanted to wait for counter attacking opportunities, instead I wanted from my team to be a danger in all situations but at a same time have someone behind to stop or slow down counters.

Formation and roles look like this.

View attachment 307745View attachment 307744

Central Defenders (Def) - These two guys staying back at all times except in corner kick situations.

Regista - I tried every combination with DLP, RP and Regista and it only works with both Regista roles the way I wanted to look. I wanted from them to be the spine of this tactic, to dictate tempo, go up front to support forwards but to be aware of defensive duties at all time. I tried first many variations with 3 MC but we always left pretty much space between them and defensive two. Much higher up D Line was not an option because I don't want to risk long balls behind back, specially not with slower players. So I had to change theirs positions. With PI Go Further Forward they are doing the way I like.

MC and Wing Backs with Attack duty- With these four taking care about defense all the time, these three get chance to go forward and express themselves. All of them moving step by step with the ball and when we finally press opponent in theirs final third, MC is acting like Striker, looking for open space in the box to run onto ball or offering himself free to continue action or try with a shot. WB's going up and staying wide to pass and cross.

Inside Forwards (Support) - With WB's offensive movement they are cutting in without ball, overloading the box and creating many options for other guys by doing the same thing like MC.

Complete Forward (Support) - I think everyone knows what's his job.

Instructions

View attachment 307675

I'm changing type of crosses often, that depend who we playing against.
I have assigned closing down much more for everyone beside D line. I don't want to lose that shape but the rest can chase players with the ball. Same thing for Offside traps. There is a few very important player instructions and one for all players, Fewer risky passes.

View attachment 307705 View attachment 307701View attachment 307697View attachment 307695View attachment 307690View attachment 307689View attachment 307688View attachment 307687View attachment 307685
View attachment 307684View attachment 307683View attachment 307682View attachment 307674

A few pictures from that save. As you can see, results are not impressive because of reasonable circumstances. First, we concede a lot of goals because I was tweaking all the time and confusing them and score for sure about 15 to 20 less. Second, more than 20 point ahead of 2nd place in january and players got much less interested in Bundesliga just like myself. They played just enough to secure a title and then played like in training. I was bored last ten league matches when other teams was eager for revanche and we was just waiting for CL clashes and playing relaxed with mixed squad. I started to rotate more in order to save them for important matches. And they really delivered when was important. CL knockout matches are played with much more desire and focus. Man City in FrsKnRnd and Zenit in SF was routine. Second leg against Barcelona in QT was very strange game. We had 3 goals lead and I told them in team talk before match Not to get complecent, everyone reacted well and gained focus but still allowed abnormal numbers of shots at Camp Nou. Evan at half time I manage to motivate them but they kept playing bad. Barcelona got very lucky as we hit a bar twice in regular 90's. Against Real in Final, I was optimist despite the odds because, as I said, we played best in most important matches and already won week ago in German Cup Final at Olympiastadion, so Berlin gives us two titles in 7 days :D

I tried this tactic with few other teams I manage (Arsenal, Udinese, Villareal) and with all of them got similar stats and results after few matches.

Played with Lazio half a season but not going to continue. Board sold Biglia to Chelsea and Candreva to Liverpool without asking me on 1 feb. I don't have enough adequate players for this tactic anymore because I didn't bought anyone at the beginning.

View attachment 307098View attachment 307094

Yes, 15.1.3

I don't know is it just my version of FM, but whichever tactic I create and gave results, after few matches when we start to scoring high AI adopt their formations to very defensive and then it's real struggle to score. That happens every time. Even the best teams.