laffles

Reaction score
There are LOADS of players on Football Manager that are better suited to a different role on the pitch, be that due to attributes, PPM's, or general effectiveness.

Just Because a Player is say a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER that doesn't mean he will be useless everywhere else.

Lets take Efrain Juarez for example. He's a mexican defensive midfielder who plays for Celtic.

His stats are fairly balanced, with a greater emphasis on Mental and Physical. He looks like a great DM, and he is. His Pace gives him a real edge on attackers. I've selected Juarez as he's one of my favourite conversions. I tend to convert him from a Defensive Mid to an Attacking one. This idea came from his PPM to 'Get Forward Whenever Possible' and when I managed Celtic this reduced his effectiveness as a DM but he came to the fore in my season when played as a Central Mid set to Attack. His Pace and Mental attributes helped this too, he ended with 15 goals to his name.

I set him to train on his finishing and as an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, He became amazing. Voted Both Players' Player of the Year and SPL Player of the year for 3 years.

I also Taught him the PPM's: Dictates Tempo, Plays One Two's and Runs with Ball Often (Mainly due to his Pace)

Many Players can be loads more effective in different positions, Just Be sure to Teach the right PPM's and train on there weak points :)

Other one's worth Converting are:

Eden Hazard to a Left Winger
Neymar to a Left Winger
Wayne Rooney to an Attacking Midfielder
John Obi Mikel to an Attacking Midfielder
Jan Chramosta to a Winger
Douglas Costa to a Winger
Rafael Van Der Vaart to a Striker
Robin Van Persie to a Central Midfielder
Thomas Muller to a Striker
Carlos Tevez to a Winger/Central Midfielder

I've never thought of Juarez as an attacking mid, I play him at right back mostly for my celtic side or ball winning support, he is really good at right back

Another one to add to the list is Bojan - AML
If you train him to play there as an inside forward he will score a lot more than he does upfront himself :)

I always do this especially with AMC that can play at either flank, I set him as inside forward at his wrong flank (right footed at left flank) because most AMC have great creativity flair and technique and it always turn out well. Like you say Eden Hazard at left.

I did this with Arshavin and Nasri to strikers, after 1 year they were scoring so many goals.

1) Mario Fernandes to right back (good pace, trained him in technical and was pretty good there)
2) Chicharito to winger (great pace, off the ball and good crossing)
3) Andrea Pirlo to Amc (was a machine)
4) Danilo to defensive midfield (similar but younger player than Efrain, did really well)
5) Alex Sandro to left winger (brilliant player)
6) Rooney to Cm even (never got him fully there as I stopped playing that game, focused on his defending side mostly)

quite a few more but I cannot remember them at the moment as I have not played Fm for over a month...

I did this with Arshavin and Nasri to strikers, after 1 year they were scoring so many goals.

yeah i do that too in my new tactics
a lot of AMC can be great all round strikers (minus the areal presence), i made mateo kovacic a striker and he won the golden boot, or Sammir scored 45 goals one season for me as a deeplaying forward

usually on every save I start the first thing I do is decide what formation I plan to play, I then train everyone of my players to play in at least two positions in that formation.

Many Players can be loads more effective in different positions, Just Be sure to Teach the right PPM's and train on there weak points :)

Other one's worth Converting are:

Douglas Costa to a Winger

You have confused me here, Costa already is an AM L and R, so is already a winger? Do you mean train PPMs that would of more use to a winger such as "Runs with Ball Down Left" and "knocks Ball past opponent?"

Leo Messi as left fullback, oh wait, that was on PES06 :p
I've seen Chelsea converting Moussa Sissoko ( sp obviously ) to right winger. He was Epic, won few midfielder of the year awards. Kara to CB is great, Fabio ( MU) to Left winger, teach him to cut inside and work on his long shots. Juarez as right back, Mauricio Isla as right back, and the most famous is Rodwell to CB.

I made Marek Hamsik a Striker and play him as either a Treq or Deep Lying (att) and hes fantastic.

rtJWr.jpg

NQDrE.png

Been injured a bit this season so not had a massive amount of games

L1QU9.png

Converted him about halfway through 2014-2015

I've also seen Arsenal convert Arturo Vidal to a RB - plays pretty good there too tbh, averages over 7.2 a season for them there.

Moussa Sissoko is pretty pwn as a right winter as mentioned already, trained him to that in one of my saves and he became one of the best right wingers in the game.

Ballack looks like he could be a good target man on support tbh!

what i always tend to do is pick DM that has good physical stats and at least 10 on dribbling and 12 on crossing and retrain them to DR.N'koulou worked wonders there,Hargreaves too...they tend to be a LOT secure in defense,and do not miss passes.

had the same idea with Gargano actually, jumping 3 and heading 6 surely puts it quickly out of window.

Fabregas and Pastore to striker, both are great at linking up in a deep-lying role. I even once retrained Marco Verrati to right wing back.