ironii

Reaction score
So I'm playing my second season with Man U and almost every match I get about 20 shots at goal, 13 on goal but only 1 goal.
What should I do to get a better shots/goal ratio?

Make sure your shooting coach has high technical attribute and try and get your shoot 5 stars. This will improve your chances of scoring more goals.

Make sure your shooting coach has high technical attribute and try and get your shoot 5 stars. This will improve your chances of scoring more goals.

no it won't mate lol :)

having better coaches increases the likelyhood of your players increasing their stats in the particular area, that is all :)

as I say, you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

PPM's help a bit, try teaching your strikers to place shots/go around keeper

ask your mids to look for pass rather than shots

use work ball into box/play through defence/pass to feet shouts :)

no it won't mate lol :)

having better coaches increases the likelyhood of your players increasing their stats in the particular area, that is all :)

as I say, you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

PPM's help a bit, try teaching your strikers to place shots/go around keeper

ask your mids to look for pass rather than shots

use work ball into box/play through defence/pass to feet shouts :)

I will have a go at the shouts.
They are all good players, just missing alot. :p haha

Might be having a lot of shots but you need to look at where those shots are coming from. A lot of people tend to overlook this when looking at the stats and it can be a little misleading.

So first thing to do would be to have a look at past games, see where those shots are coming from and what type they are. If they're coming from 30 or so yards out or from wide angles it's best to start looking at your midfield players and your play style. High tempo with a lot of freedom often leads to things like this happening as players rush forward and quickly try to force the goal which is often by having a shot from range as they run out of options quickly.

As for forwards, place shots is by far the best PPM you can have them learn unless they have low technique(then go for shoots with power). As with midfielders changing their creative freedom can again help to reduce wasted chances in a high tempo attacking formation.

Finally like raikan said, shouts such as work ball into box and play through defense can really help when you're having no luck at all.

If you're having lots of shots blocked inside the box try playing a bit deeper.

These are excellent guides - Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2013 Guide and Player Attributes | Football Manager 2013 Guide

Scroll down and click on the PPM "Shoots from Distance" and on the other scroll down to find "Technical - Long Shots".

I'd suggest that only your players that meet the required criteria should be allowed to take long shots in their tactical individual player instructions. Everyone else should have long shots set to "rarely". In other words, anyone that does not have good attributes in Long Shots, Technique and Decisions (maybe Creativity also) should be set to rarely.

I know you don't mention long shots specifically as being an issue, however discouraging the "wrong" players from taking long shots should help you get the ball nearer to goal before shots are taken, thus (hopefully) improving your shots to goals ratio.

I'd expect your possession to also improve a bit.