Convincing a player to join you on a Bosman

marabak

Reaction score
Ter Stegen has announced that he is leaving Gladbach at the end of the season on a Bosman, and after some unsettling him in the press, he seems pretty interested in joining me (Real Madrid). Unfortunately, Gladbach have now transfer listed him and I have no funds left. I am only in October, so I have a couple of months to wait it out before I can sign him on a pre-contract.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to try and convince him to come to me, rather than accept any transfer offers? If I was to offer a transfer myself, but cancel it, would this actually harm his interest in joining me?

All i know is that if you offer a contract and cancel it, can harm your relationship with him

yes, offer Gladbach say £50m (this will make them accept the offer)

then offer him a very high contract, he should chose yours over others, then ask to delay for a week and then again for another.. you can do this a couple of times before he gets ****** off with you!

so whenever a club makes an offer, do this to prevent him from leaving!

you have 3 months to go, good luck!

(just sell someone, you get the money immediately, well access to it so that you can free up the funds as you could potentially lose out on him)

Cheers guys, I'll just have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't get stolen from under my nose. I am reluctant to pay for him though when I can get him for free at the end of the season. He is mainly as a long term replacement for Casillas so he probably wouldn't play much in the second half of this season anyway.

Cheers guys :D