Convincing players to play for the national team? e.g Stephen Ireland

BoxerLadABC

Reaction score
Hey, I currently manage the Ireland team and I wondered if there was any way of getting say, Stephen Ireland to play for me?

I went into private chat with him and there was only two options
-International Form
-International Retirement

I clicked on International Retirement and it seemed like this was asking him to play for me because when I said "you've been in good form, I'd like you to come play or whatever", he said "I'd rather concentrate on my club football"

So...

1. Is this the right way to get someone to play international football again?
2. Is there any tips you can give me to get these people playing again?
3. If a player is eligible for your country but registered for another, can I convince him to come play for me instead?
4. Why is it named "International Retirement" if it has nothing to do with retirement???

Thanks...|)

As far as I know that is the only way to get a player to return to play for you.

3) It depends. You can ask them to choose your country but only before they have declared. If they've already declared for a different one they won't change to play for you.

4) Because it is to do with retirement. They've retired from International Football hence the retirement part.

Oh, so they're classed as retired from international football because they're not playing for their country...well, makes sense i suppose.

Thanks very much :)

If you get on there fav. personal you have more chance of getting them back, although Ireland wont come back ever. I havent seen anyone be successful will him.

ive never taken any notice on been the manager of the national side but i might giveit a go sometime soon...how hard is it though to get retired players back .. like carragher paul robinson etc