Coolmcool's Final FM 2013 Save - Derby County

coolmcool

Reaction score
Derby County

View attachment 464952

Right so this is likely to be my last story before FM14 comes out, im going to try and keep the Limerick one going but after losing so many key players in the previous window and now being 12 seasons in im struggling to motivate myself to post new updates.
Anyway I created a poll a couple of weeks ago and the two teams that came out on top were 1860 Munchen and Derby County.
I chose Derby County mainly due to loving Will Hughes on this game he was amazing on my first ever save on FM13 with Man Utd although i never managed to sign him but since then i have bought him several times.

So key aims for the season

Top 10 finish?
Use the Youth Players
Beat Nottingham Forest :p

Will try and get the next post up before i go to work, enjoy​

Derby County

View attachment 464930

Key Players

So the main reason why i like Derby is Will Hughes, he is an awesome player and future International star, I also know of Mason Bennett having massive potential and it will be nice seeing if they can reach it here without having to move on.

I know im not going to get much money for investments so i will be playing the youth as much as possible and i love wheeling and dealing when it comes to Bosman transfers in January!

Overall Aims for the save

The obvious ones, win League, Cup and Champions League
New Stadium
Become England Manager
See Bennett and Hughes get International Caps and Goals
New Stadium (Named after me Hopefully)

Key 3

Will Hughes MC/AMC

View attachment 464929

Will be by key playmaker for the whole save i reckon, want to see him fully developed.

Jamie Ward AMRL/ST

View attachment 464928

Is more likely to play as a winger as we already have a few strikers, most of them up and coming but still look decent.

Craig Bryson MC

View attachment 464927

Looks like he could be key for the season and will be my Captain with Barker out for so long.

Up next transfers​

Derby County

View attachment 464926

Summer Transfer Window 2012

Season Expectations

View attachment 464925

Championship Odds

View attachment 464924

So a top half finish is all i can expect and with the money and squad available i wont be doing miracles.

Linganzi CM

View attachment 464923

Good free transfer offer to me and should add to the squad.

Jamie Mackie ST

View attachment 464922

Will be key for the season i will play him as a lone Poacher and hope he gets the goals for us this season.

Heres the Tactic for the first game this season but im sure it will be changed and tweaked many times over the course of the year.

View attachment 464921

Devastated that it's not 1860 haha. Nevermind. Will be following purely to keep an eye on the boy Bennett

Devastated that it's not 1860 haha. Nevermind. Will be following purely to keep an eye on the boy Bennett
Unfortunately someone else decided to be 1860 at the same time i was going to be but had nothing to do with it winning my poll?!? So i let them carry on there story (which they havent)
I actually forgot to save the derby story so will need to restart, may have a go on fm classic as have never tried it and my limerick save is my more in depth story mode.