Corinthians out of control debt!

Djetou

Reaction score
I am managing Corinthians in Brazil. I took them over in division 2, with a bank balance of nothing and a transfer budget of around 70k. The problem is not on the field but of it, i am currently top of the league and knocked Palmeiras and Sao Paula out of the cup(both division 1).

I am way under my wage budget, been loaning my players out but im losing around 1 million a month due to loan repayments (currenly 9 million in debt). Ive received 4 million in players sales and have only spent 100k.

Now the board has been automaticly excepting bids for any player that comes in, i have recently lost 5 first team players due to the board selling them off. The problem is, i would ask for more money for the players and leave the clubs to outbid each other (where as the board just excepts the first bid which comes in and i lose a top player for only about 750k!)

How can i stop this happening? i have cut my wage bill right down but its the loan repayments Corinthians hold that are killing us, maybe promotion will help out?

Im just sick of losing all my young talent for peanuts... :mad:

Last edited:
If you win the league then you will gain some money but thats one **** of a lot of debt!

basically mate ur stuffed
u may even get minus points for going into administration

Tough one really, I mean yeah promotion would probably get you out of debt, and you might be able to rebuild, but another problem for you now is to actually get promoted because of all your players being sold :( Keep us updated on what happens

Just lost another 3 first team squad players, all accepted by the board at silly low amounts.

Acosta 230k striker
Neto 400k striker
300k 19 year old midfielder

I am still 1st in league but its getting really tough...I am even starting to have to play couplke 16 year olds from my under 20's.

I am currently 12 million in debt.

Many of my players state they are willing to leave to help out the clubs debt....

that very rough m8

i would love to see u make an update thread about ur game it sounds really interesting

The way that Corinthians is represented in 2008 is very unrealistic. The team never went through those harsh financial problems, and mounted a top squad for the second division. That is mostly because every brazillian team operates under heavy debts, unpunished. The game does not know how to represent that. For example, real life Corinthians´ debts are around 60 million dollars. And the team keeps buying and selling players, without any intervention.

Anyways, the team got promoted, and is playing the first division. I would suggest, for a better game, to start the game in december 2008 - that way, you´ll already start in the first division, and will not have those financial troubles.

The way that Corinthians is represented in 2008 is very unrealistic. The team never went through those harsh financial problems, and mounted a top squad for the second division. That is mostly because every brazillian team operates under heavy debts, unpunished. The game does not know how to represent that. For example, real life Corinthians´ debts are around 60 million dollars. And the team keeps buying and selling players, without any intervention.

Anyways, the team got promoted, and is playing the first division. I would suggest, for a better game, to start the game in december 2008 - that way, you´ll already start in the first division, and will not have those financial troubles.
good thing platini is not head of your confederation or he would be cracking down on that ****.:p

Man, that would be very good for brazillian football. I support Corinthians, but it´s an awful situation for the players and fans. It´s very, very common that players and the club staff don´t get their wages paid - so, almost every player wants to go to Europe as soon as possible. And almost every football team is in that situation. Clubs like Botafogo, Flamengo, Vasco, all big teams, have debts three times bigger than Corinthians. I´m speaking of teams that have more than 20, 40, even 60 million fans. It would be great if some bankrupts were declared - but our justice system, regarding football, is extremely flawed and corrupt. It just won´t happen. Last year, in the whole country, only five teams had a positive income - we have four national divisions, at least 60 regional divisions, and only five teams made a profit. It´s very sad.

that very rough m8

i would love to see u make an update thread about ur game it sounds really interesting

Ok i will start on an update thread shoowing more details on player sales, my results, debts etc and also some screen shots.

This month alone i have lost £1.8 million

I generate around £400,000 in gate receipts but loan repayments are around £900,000...then have player wages etc so you can see its impossible to stablize the monthly loss.

My accounts showing £13 million in debt but then the club have a £29 million loan...so the real debt is around £40 million....

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Yes i have seen Corinthians are now back in division 1 with players like Ronaldo so i couldnt imagine they went through the trouble i am going through. When i started the game i had around 5 good players out on loan in Europe but the loaning club wasnt contributing to there wages, so all seasons ive the club has been paying thousands on wages to players out on loan! crazy...

Last edited:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGary%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:SimSun; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-alt:宋体; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 135135232 16 0 262145 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@SimSun"; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 135135232 16 0 262145 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> UPDATE.

Well ive progressed abit further now, i will need to prepare a proper report with pictures, transfers, screenshots etc.

I won the Sao Paula state and also came top of the second division (not bad considering the amount of players i had to sell!).

I ended the season around 17 million in debt and was in receivership but i got prize money for winning the league, a massive 700k lol and then what made me laugh i had to pay player bonuses of 680k straight after...

All I can recommend is arrange friendly leagues to generate more monies and lower player pay-outs.

good stuff u might struggle to buy any1 this summer