Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So a friend of mine accused me of use a corner bug. So Ive a few questions about them.

1. What exactly is a corner bug?

2. Is it actually cheating, especially considering Blackburn would be accused of using corner bugs in real life?

If you manage to brainwash your opponent to never mark a free player inside the box during a corner in the real life then sure go ahead, but as long as you cant thats a silly analogy.

And if you are exploiting a flaw inside the game engine then yes then you are exploiting a bug thus cheating since your opponent (cpu) cant and wont do the same against you.

You can do some stuff in the game to which the CPU never ever reacts to. Like you can use the corner exploit, and you can try stuff like playing on just the right/left side when attacking and computer still has wingers and occasionally even the other DC just walking around on the other side of the pitch. Wouldn't be that odd for that to happen during a game but when you keep the same strategy for a whole season and the CPU does nothing it becomes odd.

Last edited:
If you manage to brainwash your opponent to never mark a free player inside the box during a corner in the real life then sure go ahead, but as long as you cant thats a silly analogy.

And if you are exploiting a flaw inside the game engine then yes then you are exploiting a bug thus cheating since your opponent (cpu) cant and wont do the same against you.

You can do some stuff in the game to which the CPU never ever reacts to. Like you can use the corner exploit, and you can try stuff like playing on just the right/left side when attacking and computer still has wingers and occasionally even the other DC just walking around on the other side of the pitch. Wouldn't be that odd for that to happen during a game but when you keep the same strategy for a whole season and the CPU does nothing it becomes odd.

Sweet okay Im not using a corner bug <)

The guy who scores from the corners is always marked and sometimes beaten to the ball. Good to know that Im playing legit corner tactics that work well :D

In some lower leagues its bit of an "exploit" to just put your 200cm DC into the far post and pump the ball there time and time again but nothing wrong with that. Doesn't seem to work that well in 10.3 though as heading accuracy has been lowered a lot.

In some lower leagues its bit of an "exploit" to just put your 200cm DC into the far post and pump the ball there time and time again but nothing wrong with that. Doesn't seem to work that well in 10.3 though as heading accuracy has been lowered a lot.

Thats what I do but I argued it wasnt a bug. Its just the Blackburn tactic! Haha.

I would consider it cheating because with the right corner taker and goalscorer you can get up to 30 or 40 goals a season from corners. Ronaldo once got 93 goals for me by using. It gets boring very quickly though as you win 90% of your matches

Totally agree: Is it realistic that Walter Samuel would score 30-40 goals a season & ALL from corners ? When he actually scored a hat-trick from corners in a game, I said to myself - 'This is pants ! '. Using A.I. glitches totally negates any positive results gained.

Ponder this: Using a corner bug could qite easily turn a 1-1 draw ( not using a bug ) into a 4-1 win ( 3 additional goals from corner kick bugs ). How can this be satisfying ? It is simply cheating.

If you search the tactics forums you can find plenty of successfull tactics that don't use corner bugs.

PS: The ' edge of area ' bug is likewise a cheat.

(H)

Here's an idea if you'd like to see the "Corner Bug" used, but in a way that is not as obvious as cheating!

I sometimes "allow" my team to play a sort of "half a corner bug"! If its near the end of a game and only if I'm losing I set the players up as in the corner bug but I only set the corner kick tactic to "mixed". This means there is only a 1 in 5 chance that it will get passed to the edge of the penalty area. Even then I do not put my best long shot man in the shooting position. I put a defender or defensive midfielder there as that is a "bit" more realistic. Or maybe you could put a guy there who lacks a good first touch or pace, just to even things up a bit.

So, a 1 in 5 chance of him getting the ball, with a less than brilliant shooter equals "some" goals but only when we are going for out and out attack. Sometimes I get a goal this way, sometimes nothing and sometimes it ends in rebounds or another corner.

It adds a bit of randomness and makes me feel less guilty than using it as an out and out cheat! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.