Reaction score
I've suddenly started scoring loads from corners, without using the corner glitch. Suddenly everyone is knocking them left, right and centre. The thing is I feel it's kinda an exploit, though I've not done it consciously. Several of my players are scoring, so it's not like it's "the" corner glitch, usually from the far and near post. However, my players were generally a **** sight better than the opposition, so I thought it could be down to that, but then I humped Roma 4-0 in a pre-season friendly (I'm Pro Patria, an Italian 4th tier team) with at least one corner goal. So have I found something bizarre, or am I just lucky?

Additionally, my stopper scored a lot of headers (10), but only about half of them were corners, which is another reason I think it's purely the player being ****** good.

I currently use a mix of Huber, Mariano Stendardo, Risso and Dante Mazzoncini, four fantastic players for Italian tier 4.

Essentially, am I cheating unintentionally?

No of course not - soon people will start thinking that any goal from a corner is cheating

What is your match preparation focused on? Attacking set pieces? Maybe thats why, otherwise...you should not see it as cheating imo

You are using a team tactic to your teams advantage. A Sign of good tactical skills as a manager.

What is your match preparation focused on? Attacking set pieces? Maybe thats why, otherwise...you should not see it as cheating imo

High blend at the start of a season, then low-ish defensive positioning as the season goes on, very rarely focus on attacking pieces. I also conceded only about 15 goals a season thanks to Nicolas Pastorini and my sound defence.

Dude, tell me your corner set up!

I'll show it later, currently in uni. And even though I've got FM on this laptop, I don't dare open FM at uni. I wouldn't get anything done!

No of course not - soon people will start thinking that any goal from a corner is cheating

But it seems I'm scoring a lot more than I usually do with default set-up, which suggests I'm cheating.

Nah, your players are just good for that level. You probably just got lucky against Roma.

I was actually thinking of starting a LLM games as them :)

I know what you mean. Since this new patch, I have been playing with JP Woody's new tactic and I seem to score a lot of goals from corners with centre back's.

Not sure if the glitch is back or not, bit **** if they have managed to bring back a previous glitch

Nah, your players are just good for that level. You probably just got lucky against Roma.

I was actually thinking of starting a LLM games as them :)

Highly recommended! You get an unrealistic amount of money and it's pretty easy going the first season.

I know what you mean. Since this new patch, I have been playing with JP Woody's new tactic and I seem to score a lot of goals from corners with centre back's.

Not sure if the glitch is back or not, bit **** if they have managed to bring back a previous glitch

Well, that's the thing... It's not just my centrebacks that are knocking them in, even though it's mainly them.

Noticed this also. Heard about the corner glitch (it gets mentioned now and again) but actually have no idea what it is. However my defenders, esp my stopper has been on fire. Bassong even scored a hattrick and is on 10 goals about 3/4 in the season, Gallas (his sub) has about 5 and Dawson (cover defender) has about 6-7 goals. Some matches I would not have won we're it not for the goals of my defenders.
I have the left corner set on default/mixed, the right one on far post. However it's not only corners, it's free kicks as well. Could just be I have a greater heading defender, but it does feel somewhat unnatural.

At the start of the season one of my defenders was my highest goalscorer thanks to headers from set pieces lol, the goals have dried up for him since then though.

Have the same "problem" - Have Default corner instructions with Koscielny attacking the far post, and suddenly he's scoring all the time - He has about 14 goals this season.. Feels like I'm exploiting the ME somehow even though it isn't "THE" glitch as far as I know..