Crimsonfury

Reaction score
I assume this is the right place to post this.

I'm playing as QPR, and every. Single. Game the opposition will score from a corner. It won't be a direct header, though, what it is 99% of the time, is it's a goal mouth scramble and somehow the ball ends up in the back of my net. I'm not kidding, this happens 8/10 games. Anyone got any advice on a defending corner tactic I could use to prevent this from being the case?

Cheers

I assume this is the right place to post this.

I'm playing as QPR, and every. Single. Game the opposition will score from a corner. It won't be a direct header, though, what it is 99% of the time, is it's a goal mouth scramble and somehow the ball ends up in the back of my net. I'm not kidding, this happens 8/10 games. Anyone got any advice on a defending corner tactic I could use to prevent this from being the case?

Cheers

In the Player Instructions section, go through each of your players and assign them to individual positional/marking duties:

- Put your tallest centre back on MARK TALL PLAYER
- Put the other centre back on MAN MARK
- Put the full-backs on NEAR POST/FAR POST...

...etc, etc, through your whole team, leaving your quickest winger and perhaps another forward upfield to exploit counter attacking opportunities. If you have a centre forward who is strong in the air, then send him back to help defend, too.

Do likewise for your attacking corners and all free-kicks. I prefer not to mark the posts on free-kicks because it keeps the opposition onside very close to goal, so I have them man mark instead.

Make sure you have one of your scouts assigned to Scout Next Opponents. He will advise you as to which area of training you should concentrate on from match-to-match, so follow his advice. And sign the very best coaches and Assistant Manager that you can get to ensure that the training is effective as it can be. I use a smartphone app called FMCoachCalculator which enables you to judge how good a potential coach is going to be, based on his coaching attribute ratings, before you actually sign him. Once you have top coaches in place, you just have to manage natural wastage from year-to-year as the older ones retire or other clubs occasionally take them off your hands.