GahRii

Reaction score
Has anyone found a decent corner tactic yet? I'm playing in my second season with Southampton and we're third in the EPL with a tactic I created, but unfortunately we're never going to win it unless I find a corner tactic that can actually score.

In both of my seasons (20 games into this one) we have never scored one corner. I find this to be ridiculous. I'm not saying it should be possible to score near post headers as consistently as last year, but still... I'm pretty sure it's impossible to score a corner at all now unless you're the AI.

Any advice?

i have scored 2 near post headers in BSP in my first 20 games.

the sooner the corner exploit tactic is out of the game the better.. its soooo unrealistic. i hate playing a game knowin you have rigged it as you know any corner youll get youll score. how unrealistic is it eing your CB with like 20 goala a season, just from corners.

I think he means a good set piece where there are higher chances to score from corners than just giving the ball away for a counter attack or having the ball bounce out to the side.

I'm not asking for the corner exploit. I'm asking for the ability to actually have 1 of my players connect with a header, or have a volley.

At the moment I'm having neither. I take a corner, it flies into the box, it flies back out. That's all that happens.

Fair enough if they're able to defend some set-pieces, I don't care. But it's really ruining my teams ability to win games against better opposition if I have no method of scoring from corners. All that happens now is that I lose possession, and get countered repeatedly. It's stupid. There must be a method to get a player to head the ball, or get some kind contact..

I just finished a game against Manchester City that ended 3-2 in their favour. They had 2 corners, they scored both. I had 12 corners, I gave possession away on all, and didn't connect to any of them.

I don't know about anyone else but I consider that extremely stupid. Teams like Stoke, Chelsea, Manchester United, and Arsenal (recently) have the ability to work on extremely good corner strategies in real life, and manage a goal from one about every 3 games or so. Why is it apparently impossible for me to do the same in this game? I have literally tried EVERYTHING to get a touch of the ball on a corner -.-

edit: & just so we're clear, I'm not playing with really small players. I've attempted to aim at Romagnoli (6'4 1.93m), Altidore (6'1 1.85m) and Fonte (6'2 1.88m) to name a few of my taller players. I'm pretty sure they're going to be able to connect to a header that's aimed directly at their heads.

Last edited:
Hi GahRii. I have a corner tactic that works good with my QPR side. Not sure about the exact number I scored last season, but it was quite a few and I have 2 in 4 games so far in the league. Note that I dont play with English language, so some of the expressions might be different.

Aim: Penalty area (from both sides)

Best header: Attack near post (thats where many of the corners end up)
Second best header: Near post flick on
Third best header: Stand on far post
Also have a player challenging the GK
Best long shots: Lurk outside are

Try it out and let me know how it goes

Okay, I'll try it out.

Thanks for the tip, hopefully I get some results with it xD

my team can't even score a header from a corner or freekick :(

Nope, still no luck I'm afraid.

32 games into second season, 4th in the league, 0 corners scored.

edit: I find that aiming for best header with your free kicks will generally find some goals, or it has for me anyway.

However shooting a free kick seems awful this year, they all either fly over the bar, or land softly in the keepers hands. Haven't had a direct free kick scored vs me, or scored one yet.

Last edited:
I had a lot of trouble early on until I switched to this setup:
Best header/jump: far post
2nd best header/must be tall: challenge keeper
3rd best header: near post
3 guys stay back everyone else stay forward
Aim: far post (must have 14+ corner)

I score at least once every 3 games.

Let me know if that works for anyone else.

Nope, still no luck I'm afraid.

32 games into second season, 4th in the league, 0 corners scored.

edit: I find that aiming for best header with your free kicks will generally find some goals, or it has for me anyway.

However shooting a free kick seems awful this year, they all either fly over the bar, or land softly in the keepers hands. Haven't had a direct free kick scored vs me, or scored one yet.

Hmm, thats too bad. Sorry about that mate!

I have removed the player standing on the first post, so I now only have the player attacking the first post there which is giving me even better results, but I guess it depends alot on the team.

just using the same in 2012 and getting 10-15 in a season which is fair enough for me

Okay, I'll try that drinkmixr, I'll let you know how it works out. We really should be doing a lot better on corners tbh, we're first in the Premier League at the moment in our third season, and qualified for group stages of the champions league. The fact that we can't do anything off corners seems a bit unrealistic >.>http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/users/292527/

It also wouldn't hurt if you're the favorite in the match or at home to set match prep to att. set pieces

i find that ive scored about 8-10 goals a season from putting them to the 6 yard box in my 1st season with crystal palace having some 0ne challenge the keeper and putting a player on each post and the rest just go forward and training att set pieces every now and again

I just managed to score my first corner :D!

I don't know whether I'm finally getting some of the luck I deserve (or the fact that Wigan are terrible), or drinkmixr's tactic worked, either way thanks for the help everyone ^.^!

I have Real Madrid coming up in the champions league so I need this added edge (if it continues to work).

I just managed to score my first corner :D!

I don't know whether I'm finally getting some of the luck I deserve (or the fact that Wigan are terrible), or drinkmixr's tactic worked, either way thanks for the help everyone ^.^!

I have Real Madrid coming up in the champions league so I need this added edge (if it continues to work).

Which tactic is that (drinkmixr's tactic)? and can u post some ss!!!

Which tactic is that (drinkmixr's tactic)? and can u post some ss!!!

I just used the instructions he posted in this thread. The overall tactic I'm using which dictates how my team plays is my own. I can upload that if you want, but don't expect to ever score a corner.