CBooth

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if this has already been brought up.

On FM 2010, there was a corner tactic that ensured plenty of goals for the 'man lurking on the edge'. I know that FM have blocked the tactic, but i was wondering if anybody had any other free kick/corner tactics that ensured more goals.

I have used one with Reading that claimed Matt Mills (CB) 8 league goals in 4 appearances, however he didnt claim another goal all season. Basically i want to use something different, any ideas?

I haven't got the update patch, but I can regulary get 16+ goals a season from a corner. Aim to far post, two central defenders there, one standing on it, one attacking it, targetman hassling the keeper.

Pretty much works too if you do aim to penalty area and have the other defender standing on right post instead of attacking the far one.

It seems to exploit the game engine a little bit to be honest. Works best with Wheater, Cahill, Fazio and Samba from experience.

left footed corner takers set them onto the right corner and vise versa
aim far post
- put a player on the far post that is tall (6ft 3+) and has good heading and jumping attributes (prefferably 16+) this is usually a CB
- put your other CB attack near
- another tall player near post flick on
- strongest player challenging the keeper
- someone attack ball from deep
my CB has 87 goals in 5 season for me by using this and he is 6ft 4 with heading and jumping at 17.
hope this helps :)

left footed corner takers set them onto the right corner and vise versa
aim far post
- put a player on the far post that is tall (6ft 3+) and has good heading and jumping attributes (prefferably 16+) this is usually a CB
- put your other CB attack near
- another tall player near post flick on
- strongest player challenging the keeper
- someone attack ball from deep
my CB has 87 goals in 5 season for me by using this and he is 6ft 4 with heading and jumping at 17.
hope this helps :)

Cheers adam, very useful, ill test it out now.

Yup, same system, kudos to giving the more detailed response though! |)