Corners, Free Kicks and Long Throws. Are they dead?

flubber

Reaction score
Now firstly, for anyone who is going to say cheating ruins the game. Please go elsewhere.

Okay, so in FM12 and FM13 corner tricks and glitches were apparent. Over powered. "Cheap" ways of getting goals. Some enjoyed them others disliked them, I enjoyed it simply as it was a fault in the game that was found by the players. I enjoy playing games as it is not real life so it didnt bother me too much. Others argued that it didnt make the game realistic.

In FM12 and FM13 we all remember David Luiz, Rory Delap, Shotton and Azpilicueta launching rockets into the box only for it to be flicked into the goal. It was a great weapon sadly the same pro's and con's were found by other players of the game. In this game I've noticed that long throws have been crippled to a point that IS unrealistic as while long throws may not occur as much as they once did in the early years of Stokes prem run, they do still occur. However FM14 would seemingly have you believe otherwise.

Free kicks are a set piece I've never had much luck with up until FM14 where my regen Leonardo is scoring about 15 of them a season. However no other player has even remotely come close to those figures.

So has anyone found any glitches, effective tricks, "cheap" ways of getting set piece goals in this generation?