Jean-Luc

Reaction score
Are corners broken? It seems that I concede a corner every game almost. I've used the set piece creator to no avail.

Near post corners are feeling pretty broken again, conceding at least one every other game at the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was the same but started zonel marking an has made a huge difference

Have one player zonal mark the 6 yard box and it should reduce the goals drastically.
But having players who are poor at marking man mark on defensive set-pieces will get you punished as well.

How many corners a game are you conceding?
If I give away more than 5 corners a game, I take a look at my midfield and try to figure out why they are gettign in behind.

If you give then enough chances, it doesn't matter how good your players are, they will eventually take a chance.

Agree with the most of the above. I was conceding silly amounts at the near post from corners, I put a zonal marker in the box and that stopped it straight away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a similar note, I just finished an entire season with AC Milan without scoring from a corner once!
This despite having CBs with decent heights (Rami, Alex, etc).
In old FMs I would score loads from corners, I once had a CB called Geromel score 20 goals a season!
All of my CBs would regularly finish with 5-6 goals a season. Now they have none.
What am I doing wrong?

On a similar note, I just finished an entire season with AC Milan without scoring from a corner once!
This despite having CBs with decent heights (Rami, Alex, etc).
In old FMs I would score loads from corners, I once had a CB called Geromel score 20 goals a season!
All of my CBs would regularly finish with 5-6 goals a season. Now they have none.
What am I doing wrong?

I just finished my 1st season with AC Milan and I scored like 12 goals from corners (4-5 of those goals came after the keeper or some defender cleared the ball). Are you using default instructions ?

Have one player zonal mark the 6 yard box and it should reduce the goals drastically.
But having players who are poor at marking man mark on defensive set-pieces will get you punished as well.

I partially agree, although I find putting all my defending players to zonally mark the 6 yard box. But I play in lower leagues, so this is probably down to bad marking.