MrWhite755

Reaction score
Anyone had any success with scoring from corners? Cant seem to find the right formula. I remember last year there was a short corner tactic that worked quite well. Anything similar this year?

Not sure. But I always aim short on corners. It seems to have a much higher chance to score than aiming long. The guy who receives the short corner pass should be a playmaker who can either shoot or pass the ball.

i used strikerless for a while and had mixed success with it however i find the short corner to work work quite well

I like to play with a center back on the near post, striker at the far post and attacking midfielders just out side the box. Players like Balanta at the near post can be lethal... 10 to 15 goals a season from corners.

http://prntscr.com/6m3w0o try sth like this ^_^ it does well for me (2 guys on keeper are Challenge keeper and stand on far post i have my CB there) WB stay back all time and a high shooting attribute midfielder lurk outside area ^_^

Try this:

aim 2nd post
Put 2 CBs on the 2nd post
2 MCs and stikers with original for the MCs to stay on front of the box and the 2 strikers near the penalty area

Didn't work for me either my corner taker was just banging it to a midfielder who was about 40 yards out. Perhaps it conflicts with my tactics but I find putting your best header of the ball near post and aim corners to the near post

Back Post !

Always deliver my corners to the back post and works well:

Instructions:

- Best header to attack far post

- 2nd best header to stand on far post

- High jumping stat to attack ball from deep

- Best long shot edge of the box

- Any player front post flick on in case corner falls short

- Full backs told to keep back and instructed to put in early cross in case corner is cleared

Advantage to this tactic is (if ball is delivered properly) the keeper can never get a ball sent to back post

Hope this helps !