Olegend

Reaction score
In my 4th season, 3rd in league 1 and romping it so far but I'm in no rush to get to prem and want to know if my team is performing so well in league 1 could it survive without change next season in order to reep the financial benefits of championship in the 1st season before trying to make a promotion push the next. The pic is taken with my phone as use the site through it u cant see team names but mine is the top position View attachment 195131

If you read my thread I use this site through my iPhone and therefore took the picture with my phone to upload through my phone, so either come up with something useful to say or don't comment

The easiest way to know is, to try it yourself!
Unless you have played FM for a long time, you can't predict if your team is good enough in the higher level.

My tips is, if you get promoted, check for the tips given by your coaches in the start of the season (get good coaches).
You will know your team's condition compared to the other teams in the division. Usually, you will have Poor Fitness, Poor Concentration, Poor Aggression, etc. But it entirely depends on the player you have. From there, adjust the tactic according to your team's condition.

You can also check your player stats. If your defenders top the tackling ratio per game, your defenders might be good enough for the next level. If not, get better defenders. Same thing for your strikers, if they have high shots on target %, then they might be good enough. If no, get better ones. Check their stats and see which players are the not good enough. If most of your players top the player stats in the division, you might do enough to survive in the next level.

I played Southampton from L1 last time and I managed to bring it to Premier League in 2 consecutive seasons. I didn't even believe I could do that. That's why tactic is the most important, your tactic must get the best out of your players.

Check out this link
It helps you to get a clear idea about starting your season successfully.

Managed to keep up a very weak AFC Telford team in the Championship (finished 20th after saving myself from relegation with victory on the last weekend). Just remember, it aint over till its over, i went through some bad patches where we could barely pick up a point but in the end we got there and im now building for maybe a mid-table finish next year.

"The first 90 minutes are the most important"

My expierience.

Hey,

I have been with "Barrow" from the Blue Square Bet Premier for 7 in-game years.
These were my table results;

Blue Square Net Premier - 2nd - Achieved Promotion,

After a few renovations, obviously not much cause' the transfer fund recieved was awful.

nPower League 2 - 1st,
This i must say was a tremendous feat and took a whole season of changes to tactics and players.

nPower League 1 - 8th,
To get 8th in League One was also an achievement for my team, the better part was some of my player were not better known
and i had a steady transfer ratio.

nPower League 1 - 1st,
This mainly came because of Transfers, due to selling players i had more funds to buy new players also a lot of tactical changes.

nPower Championship 4th - Did not gain Promotion,
Again another tremendous feat, to be perfectly honest with you i do not know how i managed to get so high must have been luck i suppose, i did not make very many tactical changes for this season.

nPower Championship 24th,
Now this is the main reason i decided to post, as you can see from my previous run of good fortune disaster has struck, now the reason i think i failed this season (although im not too sure) is because i sold my 2 main strikers (Just so you guys know i used "David Goodwillie from Dundee Utd" and "Steven Naismith from Glasgow Rangers") by the time i had sold them the transfer window had shut so i was down to using the two youngsters i had previously bought "Jamie Glasgow" and "William Ankarhake" they were both moderatly good but couldn't uphold the previous strikers records. However i got 9m for Goodwillie and 7m for Naismith.

nPower League 1 - 1st
As we can see my team without my strikers is clearly League 1 Material but not Championship Material at this point.
However the 16m i had i spent on "Salomon Rondon" who is an absolutely world class striker, you must buy him.
And he scored his 65th goal on the last game of the season. 65! For a league one team that is insane.

And to finish with the Seventh year.
At this point in time i am 2nd in the Championship with only a few games to go, i am also at a 1 Game advantage and the top team have a 6 point lead, i personally think that this is my time to shine in the premier league i will let you know.

But obviously i posted for a reason and my point is this,

Tactics ;
They must change you cannot and i repeat CANNOT use the same Tactics all season.

Training ;
This is how i cope with training for the first 3 Months of the season have the training at Intensive then change to Medium the changes are phenomenal.

Players ;
No matter what players you have Wayne Rooney , Lionel Messi , Kaka , Cristiano Ronaldo they need a a break, when looking at large player make sure you have double funds for example, when you buy Rooney you need to buy someone equally as good to take his place on breaks, or injuries.

Morale ;
If your players morale is low , publicly praise them then privately praise them, this is key to keeping your players positive and motivated.

Contracts ;
Nobody brings this into perspective ever, but personally every season i offer all my players a new contract with around
£250 - £500 pay rise, NEVER say YES to any of the clauses they can destroy your team.

Youth ;
This is not for everyone but i concentrate on youth my team has loads of 15 - 19 yr olods playing and a few above but youth is important especially for the likes of me, as in the 7th year of the game not many well known players are still around so Youth is key in my opinion.

Last but not the least imporant ;
The Gaffer ;
Success comes from one point in the whole game, YOU.
To win you must be fair, don't be bias towards new players and you will succeed you must impress the board and the players to succeed, i hope this advice helps now go out there and win the Championship.

In my 1st season I tried to focus on keeping my wages down, which I managed by releasing most of the team and playing youngsters and loan signings also brandy. I hope for a mid table finish but managed 2nd place and promotion mainly down to brandy firing goals in left right and centre

2nd I was looking forward to it until my board sold brandy for a poor 460k under my nose, I failed to replace him. I did manage to get my main loan signings from last season on a free Norwood being the best and I got a few decent loanees in. I just survived on the final day of the season.

3rd. after again signing the previous seasons loan signings on free, I had an okay squad but still found no goal scorer, come jan I was struggling abit due to lack of firepower I did have a small amount in bank due to sales an low wages I'd kept so spent it on 3 players sam vokes aswell as two 18 yr olds rb and cm who was quality also for 1st time brought in decent coaches etc as until now had survived with 1 coach and an assistant. this changed my fortunes and I finished a good mid table.

4th. At the start of this season I noticed brandy hadnt been playing at all for the 2 years he has been away and I was able to buy him back for 140k which made me optimistic of a possible push for playoffs. I'm the end brandy and vokes was amazing together helping me easily win league 1 by over 10 pts and scoring over 70 goals between them and my team scoring over 120 league goals.

5th. In the championship I have kept the same 11 except a new attacking midfield left and have made it to end of November in 4th and the most goals scored also 6th best defensive record along with brandy the leagues leading scorer so far.hopefully this may continue.

I have kept the same Tactics since day one and always kept my players contracts as low as possible with no bonuses except team of the year bonuse. Also my average squad age has never been above 22/23 1st season was Evan as low as 18/19.

I'm sure I'm in good condition to take bury to new heights but my stadium is on 11860 seater and to make real money need a much larger stadium 20000 at least I'd say I will get there tho. I shall keep you posted

Tactics ;
They must change you cannot and i repeat CANNOT use the same Tactics all season.

You most DEFINITELY can. With a good level team you can go the season with under five losses without changing tactic.

You most DEFINITELY can. With a good level team you can go the season with under five losses without changing tactic.

I've only just start achieving (and I mean REALLY achieving - winning the prem with an all English side, winning the italian league after taking over a team in 11th a third of the way through the season, now challenging for the Spanish title) on FM 11 - 11.3 with two tactics so I have to agree with Stewart on that one. I completely agree with you on FM11 and no patch update but 11.3 is way different. I have made some awesome tactics in the past and I notice that on 11.3 the comp sooner or later catches on, either creating a deeper or higher formation based on what you're using.

Easily fixed, team blend two drastically different formations until they are fluid and change between them after a quick look at how the opposition has been playing in the last couple of games.

I know you're an FM expert and all so maybe it works for you, but I doubt you go the whole season without making some tiny tweaks to your formation - even if it is just sideline shouts.

I've only just start achieving (and I mean REALLY achieving - winning the prem with an all English side, winning the italian league after taking over a team in 11th a third of the way through the season, now challenging for the Spanish title) on FM 11 - 11.3 with two tactics so I have to agree with Stewart on that one. I completely agree with you on FM11 and no patch update but 11.3 is way different. I have made some awesome tactics in the past and I notice that on 11.3 the comp sooner or later catches on, either creating a deeper or higher formation based on what you're using.

Easily fixed, team blend two drastically different formations until they are fluid and change between them after a quick look at how the opposition has been playing in the last couple of games.

I know you're an FM expert and all so maybe it works for you, but I doubt you go the whole season without making some tiny tweaks to your formation - even if it is just sideline shouts.

Each to their own, I guess, but frankly if you develop a formation that works, sticking with it has no detrimental effects at all. There's this widely-held myth that the computer catches on to your formation and adapts to counter it, but from what I've experienced there's nothing to suggest that.

As mention I have had the same Tactics from the start of my game certainly couple of tweaks to start with but I'm in my 5th season now and having touched my tactics since the middle of the 2nd and don't do shout outs during any game, also on fm11 11.3 version so is possible if you get ur tactics and personnel correct