Ancelotti bemoans 'worst' display

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti says his side's humbling 3-0 defeat by Sunderland is the worst in his time in charge of the Stamford Bridge club.

More...

Asamoah Gyan & Danny Welbeck.

Nuff' said. :wub:

lol that was pretty obvious, lets hope we can bounce back strongly

I had misgivings about Gyan especially at what they paid but he's really making it look like money well spent.

Chelsea looked much more like Plymouth Argyle playing Sunderland, out there yesterday. The lad Gyan, looks like a fantastic player- Sunderland will do well to keep hold of him, this Summer.

You could see where the problem was for Chelsea though- Their defence, was weakened and poor. Paulo Ferrira at CB, is like using glue to keep your shelving up. It aint' gunna' work.

Chelsea have just hit a 'Blip' nothing serious, I dare say they will be back to 6-0's and 8-0's by New Year ;)

Yer it was the worst display and i was ******* there lol. I think they needed something like this just to remind them that they are not untouchable. Once we lost to City at home last season we won all our remainding home games and only lost once all together in the PL away to Spurs. Lets home this gives them a ******* kick up the ****.

Big respect to Sunderland, think they would have been most teams yesterday even Arsenal (this is not a hate Chelsea post), great few results after Newcastle loss

Welbeck, Gyan , in fact all players were great

I had misgivings about Gyan especially at what they paid but he's really making it look like money well spent.

Apparently Sunderland could have got Gyan when he was at Rennes 3 years ago for around 750K. Just shows what a decent World Cup can do for you seeing as he went for 13M in the end.

Apparently Sunderland could have got Gyan when he was at Rennes 3 years ago for around 750K. Just shows what a decent World Cup can do for you seeing as he went for 13M in the end.

Meh, I doubt that considering he signed for Rennes for 8 Million Euro's and was at Udinese in 2007. Looking good though, seems to meet the physical demands of the premier league.

Jordan Henderson <3 from what i saw off the game, he looked awesome, terrible result for Chelsea but a great result for everyone else.

Chelsea were very bad but Sunderland were also very good. Hopefully for Chelsea fans this gives the team the wake up they need.

Ramires is possibly the most useless player I've seen in a long time tbh. Constantly gave the ball away and did nothing else. Zhirkov is clearly not a CM and shouldn't be playing there, same with Ferriera but in defence.

Ramires is possibly the most useless player I've seen in a long time tbh. Constantly gave the ball away and did nothing else. Zhirkov is clearly not a CM and shouldn't be playing there, same with Ferriera but in defence.

Ramires needs time to settle. Take Malouda for example it tok him a while to settle annd now his one of Chelseas best players.

Lol, I'm loving these fluctuating views on Ramires from Chelsea fans.

Ramires is a good player on his day, but he's no where near consistent enough for the PL. I think Ancelotti shouldn't have started Ferreira and Zhirkov, and the general consensus amongst my year is that they agree that the selection wasn't good.

Lol, I'm loving these fluctuating views on Ramires from Chelsea fans.

Assume that's directed at others in general and not me, but I've never said hes good (and he hasn't been at all).

Assume that's directed at others in general and not me, but I've never said hes good (and he hasn't been at all).

Just gve Ramires a bit of time mate. It may end up being worth the wait like Malouda was ;)

Ramires deserves a chance, not alot of Brazilians make it in the PremierLeague so lets just give the lad a season or 2. He went to play in the Portugease league from the Brazilian league and they are more simular than the PremierLeague he will take time to adapt.

Ramires deserves a chance, not alot of Brazilians make it in the PremierLeague so lets just give the lad a season or 2. He went to play in the Portugease league from the Brazilian league and they are more simular than the PremierLeague he will take time to adapt.

Exactly mate. Drogba took a while to start playing at his best for Chelsea same with Malouda and I dont think Essien was at his best for most of his first season at Chelsea.