AuvacheFC

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th season now and I've been doing really bad in the last 3 seasons. I keep finishing 3rd and it's not acceptable! On the first season I won the treble (inc. Champ League) and since then it's just gone downhill. I consider myself to have an incredibely amazing and young team and don't understand what the problem is! Please help.

GK - De Gea

LB - Evra
CB - Jones
CB - Sakho
RB - Rafael

DM - Fletcher (trained him to play there, holds it well)

LW - Neymar
AM - Hazard
RW - Gotze

ST - Rooney
ST - Hernandez

(Subs: Andre ter Stegen, http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2011/10/fm-2012-player-profile-marc-andre-ter-stegen/Smalling, Evans, Pecchia, Granero, Kagawa, Valencia, Young, Eduardo, Macheda)

I worked on building a young team, my under 16's and reserves are very good and hold a few in-progress wonderkids.

I just don't know what the problem is, I seem to lose to stupid teams like Wolves! Some times I win massively and others I just can't score.

For one, there is too much space in the middle of the field, as you are playing with a DM and AMC. Put your AMC on Support role, he will create the chances, but drop back too. What roles are you playing players in?

It could lie with your tactics. You've got 5 players up top who I imagine don't come back and help with the defending. So when the opposition counter attack, you've got Fletcher who goes to the ball, then theres only the back four against their team. If one of your wing backs have been c\aught in possession then there is one less defender. You need to find the right balance between attack and defensive cover.

WB - Support
CB - Defend
DM - Support
AM - Attack
W - Support
ST - 1 attack, 1 target man

I think I need to change the formation, but cannot find one that is suitable for my squad. I've been thinking about selling my full backs and replacing with a top CB and keeping the same attacking force.

GK - De Gea

CB - Jones/Boccaccino (a young wonderkid)
CB - Sakho
CB - Papadopoulos

DM - Fletcher
DM - Pecchia/Jones

What's your opinions guys?

WB - Support
CB - Defend
DM - Support
AM - Attack
W - Support
ST - 1 attack, 1 target man

I think I need to change the formation, but cannot find one that is suitable for my squad. I've been thinking about selling my full backs and replacing with a top CB and keeping the same attacking force.

GK - De Gea

CB - Jones/Boccaccino (a young wonderkid)
CB - Sakho
CB - Papadopoulos

DM - Fletcher
DM - Pecchia/Jones

What's your opinions guys?

Try a 4-2-4 with AMR/AML, set as Wingers(At). The two MC, one a Ball-Winning CM, and the other should be a Deep-Lying Playmaker(S). This will give you plenty of power going forward, and plenty of bodies when defending.

GK - GK(D)
DR - Full Back(S)
DCR - Ball-Playing CD(C)
DCL - CB(D)
DL - Full Back(S)
MCR - Deep Lying PM(S)
MCL - Ball Winning CM(D)
AMR - Winger(At)
AML - Winger(At)
STCR - Deep-Lying Fw(S)/Advanced Fw(At)
STCL - Poacher(At)

Thanks for your help.

Who do you recommend playing in these positions and do you think would be a good replacement for Evra (he's getting old now)? I was thinking Bale.

Look at 1 of the african countries and the ayew bros good signings!!

Maybe your team is a bit too young and concentration is low? Hence defeat to lower teams

GK - De Gea
DR - Rafael
DCR - Jones
DCL - Sakho
DL - Evra - or replace with Gabriel Araujo
MCR - Hazard/creative CM
MCL - Fletcher
AMR - Gotze
AML - Neymar
STCR - Rooney
STCL - Hernandez/Macheda

The balance in your team fails. You probably only need only one of gotze/neymar/hazard to do the playmaking work, and should fill in the other positions with reliable players

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try when I get home from work and I'll let you know how it went :)

I'm just worried I'll get the sack lol

Yeah I know what you mean but they have a good bond and are all favoured personels. Besides, I keep finishing 3rd so the world class players no longer want to join me.