Counter-Attack Tactic - Can I use GK as PM, long shot to 3-4 forwards?

interman

Reaction score
Sorry for the messy title.

I'm struggling with Boreham Wood in Premier Division, where I am on 16th place in 2019. Possession tactics are in vain, it's just not possible.

I'm trying to invent a lot of different counter-attacking tactics -- while most work wonders for the first 4-6 games, the opponents will quickly start to know my tactics and overwhelm me. So that leaves me needing to create 4-6 different tactics PER season.

I'm thinking about a new one, because my big stars in my team are my brilliant regen goalkeeper and my complete forward wonderkid. I've cheated a little, checked the potential ability in FM Genie, where my GK have 192 and my complete forward have 200 (so that's a new Messi, the only one that have been regenated in my game with that potential).

To the question:

Would a strategy featuring my goalkeeper as my playmaker, getting a lot of balls, and whenever he gets the ball he long shots it to my complete forward, who have atleast two other strikes next to him? How ****** would this be?

I wouldn't imagine so. Sounds very one dimensional, also not sure if the GK as a PM would actually work.