Counter pressing (or gegenpressing)

MANUMAD

Reaction score
Has anybody tried making a pressing tactic on FM16 and with the new tactical interface (which tactical interface btw Im struggling to produce ANY effective tactic)? One that is effective btw?

Has anybody tried making a pressing tactic on FM16 and with the new tactical interface (which tactical interface btw Im struggling to produce ANY effective tactic)? One that is effective btw?

what settings have you tried mate?

I think people fall into the trap of using close down much more team instruction, which causes the whole team to press and loose shape instead of setting the front players to close down so that the team maintains it's defensive shape. Usually a 4231 variant aswell.

I have :) Just watch the blog (as I know you do) ;)

Is using 4-2-3-1 and playing wide will always left you vulnerable at crosses? I have tried many tweaking, but still conceding A LOT from crosses. I just got thrashed by Chelsea, more like got thrashed by Hazard.

Strikerless gegenpressing? Sounds interesting!

what settings have you tried mate?

I think people fall into the trap of using close down much more team instruction, which causes the whole team to press and loose shape instead of setting the front players to close down so that the team maintains it's defensive shape. Usually a 4231 variant aswell.

The highlighted is part of my problem. Cant seem to make that work ...

I have :) Just watch the blog (as I know you do) ;)

Nice to see you still loitering around here Guido!!!

Yup I do - downloaded what you did to have a look under the bonnet for inspiration actually.

Looked at comeontheoviedo's stuff also.