You have no-one breaking into the box and your front three are too disconnected from the rest of your team. Putting 2 of them on support (winger and striker is my preference) and making your BWM a CM-A or a BTB so someone is making the late bursts into the box. Also one of your wingers should be an IF to support your lone striker.

You see with your roles your back four are just flat, your midfield is deep and your attack is too far forward. Change one of your full backs to an attacking duty (the one behind your IF) and the other one to support. Automatic means their role will be decided by your mentality so you have a whole back four on defence which isn't utilising Enrique and Johnson. Also you are far too predictable down the flanks, two wingers just attacking on their own is very easy to defend against. With an overlapping full back you create movement and a dilemma for the oppositions full back.

Now your shouts don't make sense. You want to counter yet passing it short? It can work defiantly but your roles and other shouts won't make it work. Hassle and drop deeper? That causes all sorts of problems for your defence, your D-Line is low anyway because you're on counter so you've made it even deeper yet want them to press the opposition. Remove both of them.

With counter attacking most teams, in fact all teams hit it direct balls into space. See the Copa Del Rey the other night? Real hitting balls forward to Bale and Di Maria. They weren't playing tippy tappy football. They were playing quick and effective (hence why they created better chances) counter attacking football. You won't hit teams quickly, you will rush the play because you're also playing higher tempo. Short & Higher Tempo doesn't work well, not on this ME at least. You will rush passes and create nothing. Also with your advanced attacking three you won't pick out any passes for them while playing it short (Sidenote why is Coutinho a winger? His creativity can work in a counter attacking system but he isn't the player to be an old fashioned winger. This adds further purpose to chance him to an IF, sidenote.2 why is Henderson a BWM?)

So your line-up and shouts should look like this;

GK-D
FB - S CB - D CB - D FB - A
A-D
DLP -D/S BBM (suits Henderson better)
Winger - A IF - S
CF - S

Direct passing
Play out of defence (if playing against a crazy pressing team, remove this)
Stay on feet
Pass into space
Higher tempo

I've not included 'play wider' because that really doesn't suit a counter attacking system. I'd add play narrower and exploit the flanks. That would achieve greater results.

You have no-one breaking into the box and your front three are too disconnected from the rest of your team. Putting 2 of them on support (winger and striker is my preference) and making your BWM a CM-A or a BTB so someone is making the late bursts into the box. Also one of your wingers should be an IF to support your lone striker.

You see with your roles your back four are just flat, your midfield is deep and your attack is too far forward. Change one of your full backs to an attacking duty (the one behind your IF) and the other one to support. Automatic means their role will be decided by your mentality so you have a whole back four on defence which isn't utilising Enrique and Johnson. Also you are far too predictable down the flanks, two wingers just attacking on their own is very easy to defend against. With an overlapping full back you create movement and a dilemma for the oppositions full back.

Now your shouts don't make sense. You want to counter yet passing it short? It can work defiantly but your roles and other shouts won't make it work. Hassle and drop deeper? That causes all sorts of problems for your defence, your D-Line is low anyway because you're on counter so you've made it even deeper yet want them to press the opposition. Remove both of them.

With counter attacking most teams, in fact all teams hit it direct balls into space. See the Copa Del Rey the other night? Real hitting balls forward to Bale and Di Maria. They weren't playing tippy tappy football. They were playing quick and effective (hence why they created better chances) counter attacking football. You won't hit teams quickly, you will rush the play because you're also playing higher tempo. Short & Higher Tempo doesn't work well, not on this ME at least. You will rush passes and create nothing. Also with your advanced attacking three you won't pick out any passes for them while playing it short (Sidenote why is Coutinho a winger? His creativity can work in a counter attacking system but he isn't the player to be an old fashioned winger. This adds further purpose to chance him to an IF, sidenote.2 why is Henderson a BWM?)

So your line-up and shouts should look like this;

GK-D
FB - S CB - D CB - D FB - A
A-D
DLP -D/S BBM (suits Henderson better)
Winger - A IF - S
CF - S

Direct passing
Play out of defence (if playing against a crazy pressing team, remove this)
Stay on feet
Pass into space
Higher tempo

I've not included 'play wider' because that really doesn't suit a counter attacking system. I'd add play narrower and exploit the flanks. That would achieve greater results.

this is good advice. I would add drop deeper, which maybe blue just forgot to include, as you use it in your original system. Its all about balancing your team in this ME, and Blue's advice does just that.

thanks for the reply blue bird thanks for the advice its very write and in detail take my hat of to you :) will give this a try and again thanks