Bakestar

Reaction score
Hi got a counter attacking tactic that works very well just want to know how i can improve it.
Sorry no SS

GK
FB(a) CD(d) CD(d) FB(a)
A(d)
CM(s) AP(a)
LW(a) RW(a)
AF(a)

Route One
Run at Def
Pass into space
Clear to flanks
Push up higjer
Tight marking
Stick to positions
Much higher temp
Be more disiplined

Counter & Stuctured

I know some of these TI's go against each other but it works very well away from home and against stronger opp

any ideas on how to improve?

Someone want to test it?

Will give it a try because the only decent counter tactics that i can create are in 4-4-2.. never managed to get a decent 4-3-3 counter tactic.. will post results in a few minutes

View attachment 329133 View attachment 329132

So i used your tactic in the game against Dortmund and my tweak in the game against United. And i must say that despite the result we were playing much better against Dortmund we just weren't clinical enough in front of goal. not even worth to mention the changes i did because i was just lucky to get the win

I forgot to mention the player imstructions.

both FB's have close down less and tackle harder

GK has distibute quickly.

corners i have a man zonal marking 6 yard box and AP on the edge of the area with fastest player staying forward.

sorry you lost to dortmund! My bad lol

I forgot to mention the player imstructions.

both FB's have close down less and tackle harder

GK has distibute quickly.

corners i have a man zonal marking 6 yard box and AP on the edge of the area with fastest player staying forward.

sorry you lost to dortmund! My bad lol

Haha no worries i was already through to the knockout stages, but the tactic did look good the result is very deceptive, with a few tweaks it might get really good, i personally prefer a DLP instead of a AP a DLF instead of a AF and FB on support since you're using wingers

Tell me what tweaks you do, and update the thread. to like "Let's make a Counter tactic" so everyone can give their thoughts

Just started a thread in share and download tactics.

Would be nice if you could share some of your SS there.

Are you still trying it?

I'm not sure about the 'Push Higher' instruction. Usually with defensive/counter tactics I prefer to drop deeper, since it encourages the opposition to push forward and expose itself from the break.

I'm not sure about the 'Push Higher' instruction. Usually with defensive/counter tactics I prefer to drop deeper, since it encourages the opposition to push forward and expose itself from the break.

I tried it with drop deeper and no instruction an push higher works a lot better for some reason........... I have no idea why....

Drop deeper opposition teams where scoring **** loads!!!

I tried it with drop deeper and no instruction an push higher works a lot better for some reason........... I have no idea why....

Drop deeper opposition teams where scoring **** loads!!!

I totally agree with this! I am myself trying to create a counter attack tactic (and I mean a pure counter attack, not high pressure). I have also found that if you use Counter combined with drop deeper, for some reason you will concede lots of goals.

Personally I find that more aggressive tactics (pressing high up the pitch) are more defensive solid than counter tactics. (and I hate this) Therefore I want to participate in whatever kind of brainstorming to try and make a counter attack tactic actually work!
Here is my thread if anyone wants a quick read into counter attack http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s/186298-counter-attack-newcastle-4231-a.html

I totally agree with this! I am myself trying to create a counter attack tactic (and I mean a pure counter attack, not high pressure). I have also found that if you use Counter combined with drop deeper, for some reason you will concede lots of goals.

Personally I find that more aggressive tactics (pressing high up the pitch) are more defensive solid than counter tactics. (and I hate this) Therefore I want to participate in whatever kind of brainstorming to try and make a counter attack tactic actually work!
Here is my thread if anyone wants a quick read into counter attack http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s/186298-counter-attack-newcastle-4231-a.html

As a Villa supporter, I can tell you sitting deep and waiting to spring a counter works. In theory.
The issue is that we concede so much space that we hardly ever get moving into the counter mode. And when we do spring a counter, Gabby burns every defender but doesn't have any support.
Just some food for thought.