Couple of problems with a Chinese speaking player?

Joeycookson

Reaction score
Well I have a player which does not speak english but his PA is around 196 so obviously I want to keep him, When in the interview It said something like Kevin can also speak Chinese in your team Do you think he will be a good Help for Shem Yiming ( The chinese player ).

So is there anyway to make Kevin mentor this player? And how can I see how good this player is at speaking english now? because apparently there is a way to see there language skills in certain languages? Thanks for the help.

Go to the "personal tab" it will list all the languages they speak it usually take around a year for a highly adaptable player (see you scout reports) and around 2-3 years for everyone else to learn a language
You can only mentor if they play the same position

yes they do, How do you mentor him? And will the Chinese speaking mentor help him? They both play in CM

Have a private chat with the senior person (kevin)
select development
select tutoring
select the person you want tutored

Be warned - this doesn't always work out, sometimes they don't get along

Just give it time, sometimes they pick up the basic language within 6 months to a year, with full normally happening fairly soon after in my experience.

**** my player is not old enough to be a mentor, how old do they need to be?

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Just looked on his Personal Tab and the only thing I see is Languages spoken but i do not see any thing which says his skills in a certain language?

If English isn't there then he can't speak it. It will say english (basic) if he can speak a bit or English if he is fluent

**** my player is not old enough to be a mentor, how old do they need to be?

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Just looked on his Personal Tab and the only thing I see is Languages spoken but i do not see any thing which says his skills in a certain language?

Your mentor must be 24 years old... ;).
And try to take another chinese player for the adaptation... ^^.
Even if this second one is not really good, he will be helpfull. You can recruit a freelance player, and give him to the reserve manager. :D.