Coventry City Axe Boothroyd

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coventry are just fading out of existance now, they could easily become a league 2 side in the next couple of years if they aren't careful.

was suprised when i saw this. this morning

Well, when one minute your 5th in the Championship, then find yourself winning one of 16 matches, one person pays the price unfortunately

remember when he was a longshot for the england job...and look at where he is now. shame really, poor guy.

Well, when one minute your 5th in the Championship, then find yourself winning one of 16 matches, one person pays the price unfortunately

But also Coventry have had 10 managers in 11 years, with the same results.

Consistency is needed really.

They've had 10 managers in 10 years aswell. Pretty much silly. How can you possibly get stability by having a stat like that.
Dammit, you beat me with that :@ lol

Odd thing is, in the survey over 62% of people surveyed say it was not the right thing to do

Last edited:
They've had 10 managers in 10 years aswell. Pretty much silly. How can you possibly get stability by having a stat like that.
Dammit, you beat me with that :@ lol

Odd thing is, in the survey over 62% of people surveyed say it was not the right thing to do

Haha great minds think alike mate.

That shows how shocking it is, the fans aren't happy and they shouldnt be

Haha great minds think alike mate.

That shows how shocking it is, the fans aren't happy and they shouldnt be

Makes me wonder why anybody would want to be a manager anymore when you have an average lifespan of 1 year per club lol

Don't like Boothroyd, ever since he made the comment about Celtic making a bid of a haggis for Kieran Westwood...and not a big fan of Marlon King either. Meh, not really a shock. Coventry have not had any stability in the last decade, and the trigger finger of the owner is getting a bit much.

Makes me wonder why anybody would want to be a manager anymore when you have an average lifespan of 1 year per club lol

Exactly, no one gets time anymore and it's really disappointing.

But I suppose the risk comes with the job, but the record of managers at Coventry shows that maybe they should stick with a manager for a bit and see if the ethic changes, rather than getting another bloke in to change the whole squad around.

It's not a suprise to myself, he was managing my beloved Colchester United last season for most of it and whilst we had a reasonable season bar the business end, the football he encouraged was vile.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF to a large target man for a Poacher to run on to. Literally that was it. Boring, unattractive and we were found out during the Christmas period.

Anyone have an idea who could potentially take over?

bootyrooyd started well but played too much long ball and teams sussed it out been playing poorly since xmas with the odd exception . so its back to square 1 yet again <)

Remember losing to them a few times in the PL. Just another example of a former PL side that seem to be in free fall.

not surprised due to his horrific record and horrific football. Will never forgive him for leaving our coaching staff and managing Watford to beating us in the play off final :'(

Big Sam is linked with the job, it was on SSN earlier

Speaking as a Cov fan, I'd also say it was the wrong decision.
Yes, the football wasn't attractive. And that's being polite.
Yes, I totally disagree with the signing of Marlon King, could write a whole essay on the subject. I've never acknowledged a thing he's done at the club, wont celebrate goals and can't stand the thought of him in my club's shirt. But anyway, I digress...

But on the other hand, what will we gain by sacking a manager? We'll get somebody else in, they'll have no money either (and maybe even less with the fact that we've paid off Aidy) and there'll be very little difference from what we have at the minute.
I'd much prefer that our Chairman (who did save us from Administration admittedly) pulled his finger out and put some money in and let one manager have a bit of a chance. It's pathetic :/

I'm not able to get to many matches recently due to being away from home at Uni, but my Dad (40 year regular) told me after the last game "for the first time, I genuinely fear for us"...
A 32,500 seater stadium in League 1 anybody? I sincerely hope not, but I'm very worried for my club, especially with a trigger happy board working in this way. It's the biggest cliché of all, but we really really need some money :|

yeh i mean, what a disgrace, they sack managers way too quickly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back