Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
This is my first game on fm2011. I'm coventry city and have just been promoted to the premiership in the first season. I need to strengthen my team throughout and obviously have next to no money. So i'm looking for advice on players i can get cheap/free or on loan. thanks for any help in advance.

Reaction score
loan deals and free transfers then mate, usually can get ramsey and wilshire on loan who will doa job

Reaction score
have a look at

michael owen
johnno woodgate
enzo maresca
fernando cavenghi is sometimetimes transfer listed for 1.2million
leigh griffiths
and have a look at the teams that have been relegated and see if there is any bargains

Reaction score
what formation did you play and what players in what positions and could you advise me on tactics as im cov and im strugglin a wee bit many thanks

Reaction score
manv1- every position!
maddo- i play 4-5-1. team instruction- high defence line (3 clicks to the right), slight narrow and slow tempo (both 2 clicks to the left)
ive signed (1st season) almost all on frees- kyle walker (loan), litmanen free in january, bernard mendy, enzo maresca, jay de merit, verkhovsto 550k, khune 275k, concalves, zanev 40k, abu yakubu, soukouna, lanna and norro. I'm a cov fan but only players worth keeping are westwood, clingan, king, mcsheffery and gunnarsson but i sold him for a decent amount. The rest aren't worth keeping so sell for what ever you can.

Have yet to make a signing in the premiership but i think i'm gonna need to. Leigh Griffiths good enough for the prem?

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

manv1- every position!
maddo- i play 4-5-1. team instruction- high defence line (3 clicks to the right), slight narrow and slow tempo (both 2 clicks to the left)
ive signed (1st season) almost all on frees- kyle walker (loan), litmanen free in january, bernard mendy, enzo maresca, jay de merit, verkhovsto 550k, khune 275k, concalves, zanev 40k, abu yakubu, soukouna, lanna and norro. I'm a cov fan but only players worth keeping are westwood, clingan, king, mcsheffery and gunnarsson but i sold him for a decent amount. The rest aren't worth keeping so sell for what ever you can.

Have yet to make a signing in the premiership but i think i'm gonna need to. Leigh Griffiths good enough for the prem?