Elasticspy2

Reaction score
If anybody knows -

When do Coventry City get taken over in the game (original database) (round about time period)

Reason for asking: im sick and tired of having next to nothing for transfers (even though i have won the EPL and i am in europe...)

never hopefully hope they go bust

but really I think it is random so they may get taken over on 1 save but not on others.

It's random. I think there are some factors that could influence it, e.g. economics and league standing, but not sure.

If your winning the league and in the champions league, I wouldnt think it would be long untill you get a nice hefty transfer budget.

Can i just ask, how were you stuck around mid table in the championship for 3 years, and then win the double all of a sudden? Must have made some serious signings?

I'm managing Portsmouth now and got a message saying that a Fan's Trust is about to take over the club, from what I heard thats the worst take over that can happen?
so you can just hope if you do get taken over its not by the fans!

Can i just ask, how were you stuck around mid table in the championship for 3 years, and then win the double all of a sudden? Must have made some serious signings?

Some serious cheating indeed ;)

Some serious cheating indeed ;)

it wasnt, i had 40 mill in the 1st season of the prem (i signed balotelli, hart and ramsey and other low key signings) and i only lost to chelsea, manchester united, and arsenal.. (i had 9 losses) though i didnt draw many games so i was able to pick up the points from them balotelli ended up on about 25 goals (then the rest were spread through the team)

You had a 40 million transfer budget and you don't like your chairman. FM2010 I had a 7 million transfer budget first season in the premiership so thats good, stop complaining. Even 7 million is a lot, some people can get just a few million first season in the premiership and still do well.

You had a 40 million transfer budget and you don't like your chairman. FM2010 I had a 7 million transfer budget first season in the premiership so thats good, stop complaining. Even 7 million is a lot, some people can get just a few million first season in the premiership and still do well.

Since that £40m i have had £500k (like it was in the 1st season... the reason that i dont like the chairman is the fact that there is over £90m int eh bank, and there are no improvements and the wages are not that high but i cant change the balence of the wage ans transfer funds as they say "the transfer funds are high enough")

i only lost to chelsea, manchester united, and arsenal.. (i had 9 losses)

surely that would be six losses as you play them home and away? not nine so you lost against other teams.

also, if you've got a good squad and you're winning tihngs, though it is nice to get the odd signing, its not particularly needed.

surely that would be six losses as you play them home and away? not nine so you lost against other teams.

also, if you've got a good squad and you're winning tihngs, though it is nice to get the odd signing, its not particularly needed.

i lost 3 others, one against A.V, one against Everton, and one against Sunderland (my mistake)

and yeah i agree, but what happenes is balotelli gets injured? or hart? i dont exactly have adequate cover (kerien westwood, and freddy eastwood (not exactly what dreams are made of ;) ))

i suppose not, though surely you've got enough to sign a backup centre forward or keeper. maybe get someone on loan from another big club abroad, who hasnt been playing.

i suppose not, though surely you've got enough to sign a backup centre forward or keeper. maybe get someone on loan from another big club abroad, who hasnt been playing.

i might see if i can find a few frees (though most of them are achient now :( )

it wasnt, i had 40 mill in the 1st season of the prem (i signed balotelli, hart and ramsey and other low key signings) and i only lost to chelsea, manchester united, and arsenal.. (i had 9 losses) though i didnt draw many games so i was able to pick up the points from them balotelli ended up on about 25 goals (then the rest were spread through the team)

£40m in your first season is good. Also, people like Hart, Balotelli, Ramsey don't even want to leave their clubs in season two, and if they did, why would they join a low rate newly promoted Coventry? You wouldn't.

How are you dealing with your finances, Like obviously for thos 3 players you need to pay a s**t load of wages especially to balotelli who knocked back my atheltico team because I wasn't paying enough so im stumped at how he joined you.. howver if your financial control isn't great the chairmans hardly going to throw loads more money at you to put the team into debt..

i'm a Coventry fan myself, i would love to be in your shoes.. Maybe try selling a few reserve players that may not get a game at all to help finance a move for a new player?

i'm a Coventry fan myself, i would love to be in your shoes.. Maybe try selling a few reserve players that may not get a game at all to help finance a move for a new player?

At least im not the only one then :D, ive already sold mcpake, sheffers, wood and others, all to no avail :(

ill struggle along, believe me i am crumbling under pressure this year... they want me to finnish top 4 again... with balotelli injured :( NOT HAPPENING

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

How are you dealing with your finances, Like obviously for thos 3 players you need to pay a s**t load of wages especially to balotelli who knocked back my atheltico team because I wasn't paying enough so im stumped at how he joined you.. howver if your financial control isn't great the chairmans hardly going to throw loads more money at you to put the team into debt..

Yeah i agree, balotelli is on 150k a week and and hart is on 45k, ramsey i cant remember off the top of my head but i still have over 300k in wages to spend, and my finanical control is something like 80% full :S this game just doesnt like me! lol