Coventry City - Trying to end 34 years of hurt

How many seasons do you think it will take to get Coventry promoted?

• Total voters

madman558

Banned
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi all, I recently have lost my mojo to play FM10, but I have regained it, and I am looking to start a story. As you can tell from the title I am doing a Coventry City story (as I support them and all), I was inspired by a Coventry story not so long back. the updates I will try to do regularly, but with my computer not being 100% (and never will be, I think something is up with the network card or something) it may appear that I am not updating the story as often as I would like, but I promise you that even if I do not update online, the updates will be ready (I’m just waiting for the network card to stop being temperamental with me)...

Anyway boring bit over on with the story...

Chris Coleman named and shamed:
After several weeks of investigation, it has been discovered that Chris Coleman the flop from Spain has been sacked by Coventry city for taking the same route as Marlon King. Coventry is keen to replace the disgraced manager within the next 48 hours, providing that they find the correct man (or woman) for the job. Coventry fans have made ridiculous demands such as Tony Mobray, Phil Brown, Owen Coyle and many more high profile managers. Chairman Ray Ranson has released an official statement to the official website "While the team are managerless, Steve Harrison will be taking charge of the team. While we thank Chris for what he did last season by avoiding relegation, we cannot be associated with a manager that takes such extreme actions to get in the sack with a woman so with immediate effect he has been relieved from his position. We are looking for a bright, new and ambitious manager to drive the club forward, with a good sense of the word "Budget", as soon as there is a new manager at the helm of the club there will be a statement on the club website, thank you for your support."

While there has been a sum up of the article on the Coventry telegraph website, many Coventry fans have taken the attitude”Why should the manager has ambitions if the chairman doesn’t"

with this being the case, it would seem that fans are not happy with Ray Ransons comments on the issue, and are looking for a manager that can provide the club with stability, a decent winger or two and a few decent strikers.

Update to follow...

[/FONT]

Day 1: searching for the right Manager

After shifting through the countless amounts of applicants, with none sticking out, Ray Ranson and Joe Elliot are confused as to why nobody known to the football world wants to take on the post at Coventry City.

After several phone calls and fax messages, they meet unknown manager Mario Vinchelli, Although from Italy, he has got connections to England through his grand parents, They go for a tour of the Ricoh Arena, including the immediate surroundings. With Mario Vinchelli impressed with what he sees, they go into the board room to conduct the interview:

Question:“What made you take an interest in the Coventry City managerial position?”

Answer: “I see Coventry as a challenge, even though I am not known to the football world, I have studied under some of the best coaches in the world, providing me with the best knowledge and the best possible start to management I could wish for.”

Question: “What is your ambitions with Coventry and where do you see the team in 5 years time?”

Answer: “In 5 years time, I would have to say comfortably mid table in the premiership, pushing for the UEFA cup places, as for my ambitions, I want to take Coventry and make them as big as Manchester United, or Chelsea. Constantly winning trophies and Challenging for the title in England and Europe, I would ideally set a target on 10-1 years for this to happen though.”

Question: “With money an object with this club at the moment, how will you set about your

transfer dealings?”

Answer: “I would look towards free agents, such as Lauren Robert, for experience in football and cover for the 1st team. As for money targets, I do prefer money up front methods, but if that is not the case then I will either forget the target or take them on loan with an option to buy.”

Question: “What would you say is the key part of any team?”

Answer: “I would say that he spine of the team being the Goal keeper, the two central defenders, the two central midfielders and the strike partnership are the key aspects to the team, without them the team is a shallow shell just waiting to cave in.”

Question: “Being Italian, and with the new Home Grown rule in English leagues, how do you feel you would cope with and English dressing room?”

Answer: “As you have seen from my CV. I have got English blood in me, and I have done a course in the university of Glasgow based on English language and literature, as this is the case I can speak very well in English, and I understand what people are saying to me in English.”

With the interview concluded, the search is over and Coventry have their manager.

Vinchelli’s Bio to come soon.

goodluck don't think i have seen a Coventry story before .

Pafc - thankyou, im currently writing Vinchellis's biography... its taking a long time lol

wboyz - thanks for the support mate :)

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

swfc - Casey32 did one a while back, and i fancied my chances with one to, but this is hte only time i have gotten around to doing it lol

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Vinchelli’s Bio:

Date of birth: 05/03/1970
Nationality: Italian, English
Languages spoken: Italian, English
Favourite club: Genoa, Rugby Town FC
Residency: Rugby, UK

Background:
Vinchelli grew up in the back streets of Milan, his parents were not rich, nor poor, they just had enough to get by. Vinchelli enjoyed coming over to England as a small child to visit his grand parents in Rugby, and developed a passion for the English language and culture. He started school ages 4, in Milan but then later moved to England to live with his grand parents as his parents were killed during a robbery. From then on until 16 he was schooled in England, going back to Italy every year to pay tribute to his dead parents on the anniversary of their death.

1st love:
Vinchelli has never been lucky in love, always the outcast from social groups in school and in society alike. During a history class in year 9 he found himself sitting next to the girl of his dreams. Of course though he didn’t know what to do, or what to say to her, and hated himself for it, this being the case he eventually swallowed his nerve and spoke to her, and it turned out that they had more in common than he thought they did. They got to become good friends, hanging out after school and during school break times, being the only person in the school that he ever got close to, he told her about his parents, to which was a big step for both of them to take. The relationship then became an intimate one, which lasted for 2 years, then on the night of prom she dumped him, which he took bad. He sat in his room day after day until his grand parents had gotten sick of him mopping around, and forced him into getting a job.

1st job:
The first job that Vinchelli had was a butcher’s assistant, like his father. As his father was a butcher, Mario knew all the tricks of the trade and rapidly became “head meat preparer” earning roughly £50 a week he paid his grand parents £20 in rent money and saved the rest up to buy a car and get driving lessons.

1st Football break:
Mario was playing with some friends he has made at work in the local park next to Butlin road, home of Rugby Town FC, the manager had just finished a training session and was watching the lads play in the park, with Vinchelli in goal. After making impressive saves while playing “Wembley Singles”, the manager approached him and asked what he did for a living and such questions, towards the end of the “Interview” the manager offered Vinchelli a trial with the club, to which he accepted. Being 20 this was his last shot at becoming a footballer. On the day of the trial, Vinchelli played a blinder in the trial match and was given a contract with the club worth £100 a week. He signed and so began his football career.

1st season with Rugby:
During the first season with Rugby, Vinchelli only made 3 substitute appearances and played in the FA cup qualifying rounds, eventually Rugby were knocked out of the cup in the 4th round qualifying. They lost 5-0 to Hinckley. Rugby over all finished top of their league and won promotion to the Zamerotto Premier league (2 leagues below the conference).

2nd Season with Rugby:
This season Vinchelli was given a lot more appearances after proving him self in pre season against Arsenal reserves winning 3-0 with Vinchelli playing a blinder. Unfortunately Rugby were relegated back into the Southern premier division with Vinchelli injured and the back up keeper unavailable due to family troubles.

Injury that spelt the end of Vinchelli’s career:
The injury was a severe arm break, in 2 places due to a car crash on the M6 up to Birmingham for a training session with the Birmingham team. Vinchelli was gutted that this is the end of his career and doesn’t know what to do with his life anymore. He considered ending it when he found out he could never play football anymore. Until the Rugby town manager decided to give him a coaching role at the club where his career started and ended.

Coaching with Rugby:
This is the opportunity that gave Vinchelli hope of remaining in football. Coaching with a view into management, after the rugby manager had promised he could become the assistant manager when his current assistant retired (he is 70 after all), with this in mind, Vinchelli set to working hard with the 1st team helping out where ever possible. (at this stage Vinchelli is 24) Vinchelli stayed as a coach with Rugby town until aged 30 where he got his 1st view into management training with Hinckley.

The arrival of a rival:
With the new assistant manager Vinchelli with the manager that got his team to knock 5 past him 10 years ago, it was a hostile atmosphere for the 1st day, after a while, the Hinckley manager showed Vinchelli the ropes and gave him encouragement and invaluable experience, then a year later His grandparents had died.

Death of the Grandparents:
Vinchelli was 6 when he lost his parents, now he is 31 and lost his grand parents, only ever having one love in his life 17 years ago he was left all alone, and thought that he would never get back into football with the same passion that he had when he was 20. After receiving several phone calls from his mentor at Hinckley, Vinchelli decided to go into management, and swore on his grandparents grave that he would become successful, as he owed it to his parents and his grand parents.

9 Years on and much more experience in football management, he felt it was time to step up and become a manager, seeing that Chris Coleman had been sacked from Coventry, and only a 30 minute drive from home, as he brought his grand parents house, this is the ideal opportunity for him to start his tribute to his parents and grand parents.

To be honest this took much more time than i thought it would...... i havent even fired up FM yet and its 2Pm :(

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

OH by the way in using hte official 10.3 update package :)

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

i will do updates every 2 in game months :)

As i am still messing around with the layout, you will have to bear with this boring one for now :)

this update sees the 1st league game, 1st carling cup game and the transfer window happenings

in the transfer window, i am happy with the dealings, i have signed two quality strikers, and three good defenders, i have let 3 players out on loan and and i have sold one defender and goalkeeper..

the games, i am not happy but not sad at the results, as the main bulk of them are pre season, and the ipswich game they walked all over me, and had two goals disallowed

in teh arling cup game i should have won by 5-6 more than i did, it was a trouncing...

more indepth update tomorrow :)