Nohulo

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm in my second season at Coventry City, recently got promoted to the Championship, and here I am, hoping for some money, and the initial transfer budget is 300k £. Sure, maybe I'll manage to stay in the Championship, but with this kind of money I'll never go up to the Premier League. So my question is, when will the economy turn around? I made Newcastle one of the richest clubs in the world in my other save, but that was via winnings of competitions. I don't see winning the Championship giving me loads of cash (if I'll ever get there).
I've read some tips online saying that I can sign players for free and then sell them, but the thing is, my wage budget doesn't allow me signing players for free since they most of the time demand more money than my top earner at the club.
Will this ever turn around, can I actually make Coventry City as rich as say Arsenal, Newcastle etc? And when is that going to happen? 2055?

Thanks!

If you'll stay strong in the Championship you'll improve your sponsorship and attendance rates, which will give you more money. Just have patience.

I am afraid thats the reality for clubs in the lower divisions. You have to keep a really tight budget, sell a few players with prifit every now and then and build a winning team. I finally getting pronoted to the EPL, then you still need to keep a tight budget for the first year but once then TV-money starts coming in, you can start building a team that can compete for the top 8. You might still need to sell your best players for big money until avtually getting into the top4.

Its not easy and it should not be. After all, there is a reason why Coventry dont play in the Prem :D

I am afraid thats the reality for clubs in the lower divisions. You have to keep a really tight budget, sell a few players with prifit every now and then and build a winning team. I finally getting pronoted to the EPL, then you still need to keep a tight budget for the first year but once then TV-money starts coming in, you can start building a team that can compete for the top 8. You might still need to sell your best players for big money until avtually getting into the top4.

Its not easy and it should not be. After all, there is a reason why Coventry dont play in the Prem :D

Yea it doesn't sound easy, but I've played so many saves to 2017 with success in CL, PL, La Liga etc, so I'm up for a challenge, but not a challenge that will take 50 years to accomplish. Should I should I not? When can I expect a rich club? 2020?

Try and get promoted in the next 2 seasons, then first season in the prem survive, second season aim mid table, third season Europa league, then champions league and beyond from there on!