Tank09

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me! i have decided to start a game with Conventry City on the 9.0.3 patch as they have a decent team and are expected to finish 21st but with a bit of work i think i can get in to the play-offs with them.

but can anyone give me advice on who to sign what tactics to play what training to set and what to do generally so everything really as im not very good on the game and i would like some help from people who are actually good on it.

any thing you can give me will help, and i would be very thankful for anything

brahim hemdani and andrius velicka on loan frm rangers. u cud also get neil alexander cheap hes a gd keeper

brahim hemdani and andrius velicka on loan frm rangers. u cud also get neil alexander cheap hes a gd keeper

Cheers mate i already knew velicka could be good on loan but can you also get hemdani too?
also how cheap is alexander usually?

fianlly i think the team needs quite a few signings should i make them or will this upset the balance of my team?

Merida from arsenal is good and david edgar from newcastle...

its wierd you know christophermcl i started one with vauxhall motors before and bascially baught a new team too and i finished in exactly the same position but the second season did rubbish and was in a relegation battle so i got annoyed and deleted the game

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

anyway gettin back to coventry please can any one reconmend some good cheap strikers that are good for the championship

and i belive in bringing youth acadamey players up from either lower leagues or my own league so can anyone recomend some youth talents to sign

Last edited:
Unforinatly neither Milan Ivana or mehdi benatia appear on my game thanks anyway
has anybody else got surgestions on who to sign?

What kind of transfer budget do you have? If you've loaded players from France then the bigger teams like Monaco, PSG, Marseilles etc usually have some great young players to loan out. Alternatively you can loan Chris Killen from Celtic, he's good at CCC level and you can get him until the end of the season with 0% wages for free. Well, I did anyway.

Otherwise, try and get Stephen Appiah on a free transfer (be quick though). Depends on what kind of team you have, but a long ball system usually works well in the CCC, so set your Passing to Direct, Speed to Quick and then your target man supply to Run Onto Ball, and put your pacier strikers as target men (for Cov i'd be thinking Leon Best perhaps). Emphasise your training on fitness mostly, because that is key in lower leagues, so if you've not got a decent fitness coach (Fitness above 17) then get one in.

Enjoy!

Look on free agents, on my second season I got Rory Delap, Michael Tonge and Ooijer for free.

What kind of transfer budget do you have? If you've loaded players from France then the bigger teams like Monaco, PSG, Marseilles etc usually have some great young players to loan out. Alternatively you can loan Chris Killen from Celtic, he's good at CCC level and you can get him until the end of the season with 0% wages for free. Well, I did anyway.

Otherwise, try and get Stephen Appiah on a free transfer (be quick though). Depends on what kind of team you have, but a long ball system usually works well in the CCC, so set your Passing to Direct, Speed to Quick and then your target man supply to Run Onto Ball, and put your pacier strikers as target men (for Cov i'd be thinking Leon Best perhaps). Emphasise your training on fitness mostly, because that is key in lower leagues, so if you've not got a decent fitness coach (Fitness above 17) then get one in.

Enjoy!

I start with 1.9 Million and chris killen is already on loan to norwich on my patch, leon best is rubbish tho im sellin him but misfud is fast. thanks for the tips though

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Look on free agents, on my second season I got Rory Delap, Michael Tonge and Ooijer for free.

there is sum very decent players on my patch as free agents including lita and convey former reading players that have been released anyway m8

I think you should get Angelo Balanta from QPR, super sub scores most times he plays, could probably get him cheap(ish) or on loan. Also Fabian Delph from Leeds Utd, brilliant young player can be bought for around £3 million

I think you should get Angelo Balanta from QPR, super sub scores most times he plays, could probably get him cheap(ish) or on loan. Also Fabian Delph from Leeds Utd, brilliant young player can be bought for around £3 million

i was goin to get delph anyway i have got him for 500k before

Try not to sign too many. Keep Morrison and Eastwood, they can do some damage together.

Also, on your squad page, in the bottom left corner roll the mouse over 'Assistant Advice' and then click 'Get Team Report'. This gives you a rating in stars of each of the players that your assistant thinks should be in your starting line-up. It also tells you where you are weakest and it suggests some replacements in your price range.

Good luck!

Try not to sign too many. Keep Morrison and Eastwood, they can do some damage together.

Also, on your squad page, in the bottom left corner roll the mouse over 'Assistant Advice' and then click 'Get Team Report'. This gives you a rating in stars of each of the players that your assistant thinks should be in your starting line-up. It also tells you where you are weakest and it suggests some replacements in your price range.

Good luck!

i know morrson and eastwood have a good partnership and i know about my team report thanks mate

and cheers for wishing me good luck

you should look where felipe mattioni plays,because in first season he plays at milan,and he is on loan from a brazilian team(maga-i think,I don`t know exactly)and after 1 season most times milan don`t buy him and he return at his club and he is availible for transfer for at most 100k.I think he will be a great player for you.

Signigns

I just like to say thank you for evryone's tips and wishing me good luck i have started the game and signed the following please could you all take alook and tell me what you think

I started with 1.9 Million but i sold people as well

Simon church from reading for 190k: a decnt prespect for my division have since loaned him out to league 2

Jennison Myrie williams from brsitol city for 50K : could turn out to be a great bargan again have since loaned him out to league 2

Josh Wright from charlton for 75k: again could turn out to be a fantastic bargain he has also since been loaned out to lower league to apply his trade

Fabian Delph from leeds fro 675k: a great midfielder with good potential currently my back up right mid but has potential to play 1st team next season probs

Shelton Martis from west brom for free: simply a good cheap back up right back who can also play cb to provide cover

Scott loach from watford for 55k: looking like a good signing already is currently my back up to kieran westwood but has potential to be better and i only paid 55k

adam drury from norwich for 275k : a good back up lb for daniel fox for cheap

Jonathon North from watford for 3k!: roughly the same as loach but cheaper!

Gary Madine from carlisle for 250k: now i was unsure about this one but i gambled and have since loaned him out to league 2 also hoping he comes back as good as my scout says

Nicky Law from Sheff Utd for 40k: a good versitle player with a lot of potential and for only 40k u cant really go wrong have loaned him out to get exspearience

Peter Winn from scunthorpe for 18k: i was also unsure about signing him but according to my scout he has the potential to be as good as Julian Gray and for 18k why not?

Franck Moussa from Southend for 250k : again was unsure of the price but he is highly rated so i snatched him up and loaned him out

Jordan Parkes from Watford for 50k : has potential to rival daniel fox's ability so i paid the price and loaned him out

Ian Morris from Scunthorpe for 85k: my biggest unsure signing has his age his growing but 85k is not that exspensive

Jermaine Beckfored from Leeds for 450k: i usually hate Leeds but in this case there loss is my biggest gain very good player back up to morrsion and eastwood, provides a challenge for misfud especially as he refuses a new deal when it exprires at the end of the season so i replaced him

Dorian Devite from Tottenham on loan: just to add some cover to my defence

Binya from Benfica for 240k: a class dm on the transfer list so i bought him for cheap

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

i sold a few people as well and loaned loads out but i will only mention who i sold

Jermain grandison relesed was in my reserves and rubbish so i terminated his deal

Jason Bradly released same again

Leon Best to nottm forest for 230k a striker in the champoinship with a finishing of 9 i dont think so

Chris Burchill to peterboro for 110k not good enough for my division so i sent him down a division

Marcus Hall to Mk dons for 65k an ageing lb not good enough for me so he alse took a drop in division

Dimi Konstantopuals to Olmypiakos for 85k a rubbish keeper who i sent home

Elliot Ward to birmingham for 1.5 Mill becuase he was unhappy and dint want a new deal so i cashed in knowing some replacements who would be cheaper and just good

Robbie simpson to hiberian for 140k beacause he is 23 and not young anymore so he wansnt reallyy gunna get any better and he wsasnt any good to start with

thats it just about to work on my tactics and training

im at the start of october and 7th with 3 wins 2 draws and 3 loses and still in the carling cup

anyone care to comment

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Im well annoyed my covnetry game wont load and i dont know weither to start again with coventry or sum 1 else