McNestyszz xX

Reaction score
Hi starting with Coventry on the 11.3 patch. Wondering whether you can make me any suggestions?

Last Coventry game i bought Adam Rooney for 850k and he dissapointed me onlygettinh 9 goals in one season! I also sold Eastwood for 500k and Ben Turner for 1 million. So im looking to further my knowledge of this patch.

Positions wanted:
RB
LB
CM
LM
ST

Get Riggot on a free, he was a beast at CB for me

Lasha Salukvadze awesome LB he's also a free

Daniel Pacheco for ST get from Liverpool on loan

Julius Wobay for LM, very good player at championship level

Server Jeperov for CM, altho can't get him until 1st January as he's on Loan, but he's worth the wait

thanks for the quick reply

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Griffiths rejected loan.
Bostock chose Leicester over me
Davenport failed medical
Daniel Pacheco rejected loan.

Wobays currently getting his WP for a 300k move and salukvadze and finnan still disgussin contracts

I've also sold Westwood first season because you can easily get around 1.5 million for him and get two keepers that are equally as good for a lot less!
I sold him, got Roy Carroll on a free and signed Itumeleng Khune, and still made an easy £1million profit :) Good way to bring a little more money in.
Loans and frees are definitely the way to go when playing as us (with the odd small transfer), what with the money situation, so props to broxi713 for his answers :)

EDIT:-

If he hasn't already got a club, look for Abubakari Yakubu on a free. Plays best as a RB, but is very versatile (also can be CB, DM, CM and competent RM).
Try for Chris Wood on loan from West Brom, I've got him first season...although that was in the 11.2 patch so he might already be out on loan now, don't currently have FM open to check, sorry! Same with Henri Lansbury from Arsenal!

Last edited:
I've also sold Westwood first season because you can easily get around 1.5 million for him and get two keepers that are equally as good for a lot less!
I sold him, got Roy Carroll on a free and signed Itumeleng Khune, and still made an easy £1million profit :) Good way to bring a little more money in.
Loans and frees are definitely the way to go when playing as us (with the odd small transfer), what with the money situation, so props to broxi713 for his answers :)

EDIT:-

If he hasn't already got a club, look for Abubakari Yakubu on a free. Plays best as a RB, but is very versatile (also can be CB, DM, CM and competent RM).
Try for Chris Wood on loan from West Brom, I've got him first season...although that was in the 11.2 patch so he might already be out on loan now, don't currently have FM open to check, sorry! Same with Henri Lansbury from Arsenal!

yeah some good ideas there mate lansbury is on loan at norwich though and chris wood at brighton ! :/

Ah balls, I knew about Lansbury but wasn't sure on Wood.
I'll have a look on the season I've started with City on 11.3 and see who I got next time I'm on FM.

While he's a good prospect, I also sold Jordan Clarke first season cause I got an offer of (I think) £675k for him and that was much needed!

Ah balls, I knew about Lansbury but wasn't sure on Wood.
I'll have a look on the season I've started with City on 11.3 and see who I got next time I'm on FM.

While he's a good prospect, I also sold Jordan Clarke first season cause I got an offer of (I think) £675k for him and that was much needed!

once people are interested you can get up to 750k for him !

Yeah good point! I had a transfer that was waiting to go through and needed the funds fast so had to accept Birmingham's offer of 675k. Grandison can be sold for a fair bit too, but he's ok to keep if you've sold another CB.
1 million for Turner is good, I usually keep him and sell Wood or McPake instead, but didn't know you could get that much for Turner!
Another thing that is odd with this update, Craine isn't an accomplished LB anymore (which is odd because he's been playing either there or CM in real life since the 11.2 update), so put him on position training to left back again :)

Yeah good point! I had a transfer that was waiting to go through and needed the funds fast so had to accept Birmingham's offer of 675k. Grandison can be sold for a fair bit too, but he's ok to keep if you've sold another CB.
1 million for Turner is good, I usually keep him and sell Wood or McPake instead, but didn't know you could get that much for Turner!
Another thing that is odd with this update, Craine isn't an accomplished LB anymore (which is odd because he's been playing either there or CM in real life since the 11.2 update), so put him on position training to left back again :)

very good point about Cranie never thought of that. Who do you play up front?? ive never finished above 15th with cov 1st season after like 4 games, need a prolific goal scorer! ive started a game at the minute to search for talent until the season starts then im starting again and buying the best that i was able to bring in.. so throw some names!

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

i dont get this FM as on all the others there was always a guy who guaranteed you 20+ goals on your first season in championship
FM08 was Eddie Johnson from Kansas City
FM09 was Hlebs brother and also Humberto Suazo
FM10 Leigh Griffiths werent so picky.
FM11 there is only Leigh Griffiths and he wont come to me it sucks.

I'm usually the same first seasons, and I'm not usually the kind of person who can ever manage to make a game last about 10 seasons to ever take us anywhere! But I know exactly what you mean, it's just like real life in that we struggle for goals.
I have a Spurs save where City got promoted after 2 seasons, and Jutkiewicz had scored almost 30 league goals, so it shows that he can do well.
On my 11.3 save I've played 20 games and am 18th :/ so not great. Transfers have been:
OUT - Richard Wood - 500k
Michael McIndoe - 150k
Jordan Clarke - 625k
Freddy Eastwood - 150k (needed to get rid of his wages :/ )
Kieren Westwood - 1.5M
TOTAL = 2.9M

IN - Julio Cruz (ST) - Free
Vincent Lachambre (LB) - 230k from Roda JC
Itumeleng Khune (GK) - 230k from Kaizer Chiefs
Brian Shelley (RB) - Free
Roy Carroll (GK) - Free
Javi Flores (AMC) - 275k from Cordoba
Sergio (CM) - Loan from Arsenal

Rotating between Cruz, Jukebox and King upfront, and not scoring many goals :S
Not conceding too many though so at least that's one positive, but we're defo a hard club to play as!

Last edited: