marabak

Reaction score
Hi guys, just after some opinions on a save I have.

I'm Monaco, and I'm only a handful of games into the season, s I don't have a huge sample size yet. One of the signings I have made was Coentro at left back, and I am pretty happy with his performance. I am playing him as a complete wingback attack and he is doing exactly what I want him to do. However looking at some of the analysis of the games I have played (see below), I appear to be conceding a large proportion of shots from the left back area. I am playing with a midfielder in front of the back four, and ideally I would like this midfielder to come and cover this area if I need it to. What is the ideal role I can use for this player to get him to do this? I'd rather not have to reign Coentro back in.

Also, does anyone else have any input on how I can improve this tactic to get more out of Falcao?

View attachment 444686View attachment 444687View attachment 444685

Have you been watching the matches? Are you sure its because your leaving space on the left or they just happen to be taking shots from there? Are the shots coming from open space or are they closed down?

Play the BWM on the left, he'll attempt to cover the space vacated on the left side. The AP on that side isn't doing favors, he'll drift around to a position where he might leave a large gap defensively.

Change Falcao to an AF and turn off drilled crosses since Falcao's a really good header of the ball, you'd want a mix of drilled and floated crosses to exploit that.

Alienman; said:
Have you been watching the matches? Are you sure its because your leaving space on the left or they just happen to be taking shots from there? Are the shots coming from open space or are they closed down?​

I do watch the matches on highlight mode, but I will need to pay more attention to answer your last two points.​

Play the BWM on the left, he'll attempt to cover the space vacated on the left side. The AP on that side isn't doing favors, he'll drift around to a position where he might leave a large gap defensively.

Change Falcao to an AF and turn off drilled crosses since Falcao's a really good header of the ball, you'd want a mix of drilled and floated crosses to exploit that.

Thanks. That makes sense. I was originally thinking my DM was the problem, but I can see how this can work. I'll also point out, I made a mistake when I screenshotted this as my AML was set to AP, but usually I play with IF so that he will drift inside and allow my CWB to overlap easier.

No, not the AP at AML but the AP at MCL

I do recommend playing James Rodrigues as an AP, mainly since you need someone to connect midfield to Falcao

Just switch the AP mid and BWM mid vice versa. So when your left winger cuts in, he has space since BWM will be deeper, and then your AP mid can push forward on the right midfield as there is space since your right winger will be at the touchline. Also putting the BWM on the left makes your whole left side more secure as you currently have 3 players on the left side se to attack.