z1co80

Reaction score
I posted this in the frustrations sections but never recieved any advice so i decided to open my own thread to hopefully get help.

Why does the cpu never bid for my players?

I always have teams saying they want my players and are going to bid but nobody ever bids, Even with reasonable prices i have never recieved a bid for anyone other than a reserve or youth player. I have to offer out my players to clubs if i want to sell them.

Not exactly ideal considering teams bid for players all the team just not mine.

Advice please

My problem is more like a lot of CPU teams want to buy most of my players, from time to time I'm getting offers 3 times their value and I'm busy shaking them off all the time. It started when I finally managed to get promoted to Bundesliga after 5 seasons with Dynamo Dresden (starting in 3rd league).

Maybe your players don't have enough reputation... what league are you in ?

Go on the player profile and offer to clubs

That way you choose the asking price and it alerts other teams you want to sell him.

My problem is more like a lot of CPU teams want to buy most of my players, from time to time I'm getting offers 3 times their value and I'm busy shaking them off all the time. It started when I finally managed to get promoted to Bundesliga after 5 seasons with Dynamo Dresden (starting in 3rd league).

Maybe your players don't have enough reputation... what league are you in ?

i have never, ever managed to sell a player above their value - as soon as i negotiate with them for over their value they decline, yet i ALWAYS have to pay 3x the value for players...

What patch are you on? On 11.1 it was a problem, afaik. That said, I've struggled to sell players too.

On patch 11.3

Playing as Wolves but in my 6th season, leading the league by 10pts (Prem), in the Champs League and have players like Defour, Jovetic, Lucas and other quality players.

Some of my players say that they would be interested in moving even though i am leading the league, Thats down to my club stature which has risen considerably but still not at elite club level.

got the same problem after winning the league and champs league....

build up your teams reputation. i even found it hard to sell by the first few seasons, and had to terminate contracts at some point.

now if i offer to clubs , they would loan bid for them. ;)

Well AI is **** retarded in the game, especially transfer-wise. Every summer transfer window, Man City spends millions of dollars on ****** players for example. And those ****** players almost never some of yours, always another teams' players. This is not only for City, all AI managed clubs do **** transfers for huge amounts of cash.
For my players, usually a lot of them got offers but not the ones I would like to sell. If they make a bid to one of my players, usually I am able to sell him for 2X his current value. Too bad I need to pay a lot higher to get quality players.
SI needs to address this **** in fm 12...

I think this is not a bug at all, I've had large bids from CPU players.
2nd point - If a player is surplus to your requirements, Is he not going to be surplus to the requirements of the teams that can afford his wages and transfer fee also. I think in previous FM's, it was far too easy to sell your garbage.
if you look at it another way: How many players offered to you from the CPU are actually good enough for you to bid for?

Pay attention to messages where it says manager xyz from team abc is interested in signing on of your players or where they praise them in the media. These messages always indicate they are going to make a bid, most probably far above the market value of the player. Due to my lousy finances I often end up getting my best players sold by the board because they say the offer was too good to decline, which is a little pain...

The sooner you offer in the transfer window the more chances you have of getting a decent offer. And the preseason has more chances. The reason is obviously that the transfer budgets have not yet been spent and so clubs have much money to buy, whereas at later dates they get tighter and simply can't pay enough.

Therefore the advice I can think of are:

1) Sell as soon as possible. Offer to clubs.

2) If it's the mid season window or end of the preseason one, try monthly installments and clauses you trust to get triggered in your favour. (The one time I did this the bids were for the initial fee without the monthly fees, duh. So I mean that it's an idea I tell now but that I don't know if it works or not)

Best way, I find is:
1) set squad status to "backup" and tell them they're not needed in a private chat
2) Offer to clubs for around 1.5-2x their value (Untick "set to not needed and transfer list)
3) Transfer list them, and make them not available for loan

Should get some offers, unless the player's godawful

Similar to the post above me, What I do to get big offers is -

1. Transfer List them for the Price I want to sell them and change player status to rotation or back-up
2.Wait a couple days (Gamewise) and then offer them to clubs, UNTICK SET TO NOT NEED AND TRANSFER LIST.

Can get some offers 2x or 3x more than your players value with this.

funny...i have the opposite problem..they won't leave me alone about my players -.- i can sell them for 3x their values easily

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Not sure if they will be needed as i uninstalled the game when i got ****** off, now i am sort of bored and want to try a season with Rangers (who i support) with the new board and finances.

God how sad am i lol