View attachment 1011725

Southampton Vs Derby
14th August, 2021.

View attachment 188086
View attachment 188085
View attachment 188084
Thats much better! We absolutely battered Derby County and the score line even flattered them. Thiago Maia smashed us into the lead from range when his shot thundered in off the bottom of the cross bar. Martin Odegaard then showed his class, wriggling in the box and getting a cross in for Martial who had a tap in. Mesut Ozil then completed the rout with another stunning long range effort. We showed our true class today.

View attachment 1011752

Leicester Vs Southampton
21st August, 2021.

View attachment 188060
View attachment 188059
View attachment 188058
One change tonight as Coman came in for Bale and it made little difference to the result. Anthony Martial obviously wants his golden boot back as he netted a superb hatrick to sink Leicester. Another assist for Odegaard keeps a quite upset Lucas out of the team. Perhaps it might be wise to sell before the transfer window slams closed.

View attachment 1011980

Southampton Vs Blackburn
28th August, 2021.

View attachment 187853
View attachment 187852
View attachment 187851
What a match! We were behind after only 12 seconds as Callum Wilson slotted a pass for Jordan Rhodes to finish straight from the kick off. 2 minutes later Turza brought down Wilson in the box and Rhodes made it 2-0. From there it was all about the fightback, first of all Digne put in a superb cross which Lucas Moura volleyed home on his first appearance of the season. Martial then stooped to head in from another Digne cross right on the brink of half time. Just as it started looking unlikely we were going to get anything from the match, substitute Kinglsey Coman scored a worldy after a mazy run and stunning finish right into the top corner that was hit with venom. Thiago Maia proceeded to get himself sent off for a careless second yellow, but we held on and claimed three precious points.

View attachment 187850

Last edited:
View attachment 1012031

August Review

View attachment 187803
A great start to our campaign as we get three straight wins after our opening day draw against Liverpool. The win against Blackburn also showed some real fight which is promising to see.

View attachment 187804
Top of the table is a great start although it counts for very little at this stage of the season.

View attachment 187764
An interesting draw in the Champions League will see us have to do a fair bit of travelling.

View attachment 187763
A very difficult draw in the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup as we have to go away to Chelsea.

Player of the Month

View attachment 187762
Anthony Martial has hit the ground running and has 5 goals to his name already from the last 3 games. If he can keep this form up we stand a great chance of a good title run.

September Preview

View attachment 187761
A really tough month up ahead with away trips to Benfica, Chelsea and Man United, while we welcome Leverkusen to St Marys.

View attachment 1012094

Koeman resigns from England

View attachment 187744
Today, the FA have confirmed that England manager Ronald Koeman has resigned from his position with immediate effect. Koeman had been in charge of the English National side for a little over a year and in that time helped England to an incredible Confederations Cup victory, a semi final of the Nations League and a perfect start to their World Cup Qualifying campaign.

"It is with great regret that I step down from this role." Koeman said in a short statement yesterday. "I have loved my time as England manager and leave with no regrets, but now is the time for me to be with my club and to help progress Southampton which is something I feel I cannot do while I am splitting my time. I have no doubts in my mind that I am leaving the national team in a better place than where I found it and I wish for that success to continue which I am sure it will in somebody elses very capable hands."

At this early stage of proceedings, Arsenal manager Phillip Cocu is the favourite to succeed Koeman but other names such as Gary Bowyer and West Ham manager Slaven Bilic.

View attachment 1012138
Norwich Vs Southampton
14th, September, 2021.

View attachment 187704
View attachment 187703
View attachment 187702
A packed defensive third and a counter attacking style of play was all it took for Norwich to beat us in what has to go down as a bitterly disappointing result. Martial was outnumbered for the whole match and switching to a narrow diamond lost our defensive stability which allowed their counter attacks through. We have to now pick ourselves up to face Benfica.

Wooooow. Ive just read all of this story.
Its been an amazing rise! Keep it up mate.

First up really sad that you didn't manage to get a trophy last season as a testament to the great work that you have done so far at the club. Still it was a very good season with some impressive results. Looking forward to a new season, one in which you can hopefully finally get some silverware :)

[video=youtube;K9q70zCJYBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9q70zCJYBc[/video]

View attachment 1033487
Southampton Vs Swansea
18th September, 2021.

View attachment 168138
View attachment 168137
View attachment 168135
Gareth Bale got his first of the season as a change in tactic helped us see off Swansea. Martial also chipped in with a well poached goal to continue his own red hot scoring streak. I am going to try and take the team in a different direction, playing on the counter rather than trying to hold possession and we were dominant in this match.

View attachment 168134