Craig Short sacked as Notts County manager

PafcLad

Reaction score
Craig Short has been sacked as manager of Notts County less than five months after taking charge at Meadow Lane.
The 42-year-old former Magpies defender succeeded Steve Cotterill at the start of June but has paid the price for an unconvincing start to his tenure.
County sit 16th in League One following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Colchester.
"First-team manager Craig Short and assistant manager Dave Kevan have been relieved of their duties with immediate effect," the club said in a statement.
"Following a board meeting convened this morning, the board decided to review the current status of the first team. Following this review it was decided to make changes to the first-team management.

"The board wishes to thank them both for all of their endeavours while at Notts County and wish them well for the future.
"There will be no further statement at this time."
Short's only previous management position was in charge of Hungarian side Ferencvaros, whom he led between November 2009 and May 2010.
The former Derby, Everton, Blackburn and Sheffield United defender oversaw five wins in his 13 league matches at Meadow Lane.

what do they really expect, 16th is very good for a promoted club :S

Lol thats extremely harsh, their squad is worse than pretty much every L1 squad apart from maybe dagenham

Good. Thought he was a ***** anyway !

I went to Notts County v Plymouth last week, as bad as we were they were pretty good...
Stupid decision

Silly move, there chairman wouldn't last a minute on the chairman game here.

Honest to got what the **** are the board thinking, we're newly promoted and doing solid if a little unspectacular in a competetive league. All of the fans were expecting a relegation dogfight and we've been doing well to be staying a little above that. Short is in his first job in England and was doing ok, as he settles in results should get better, so what happens? He gets sacked. Back to square 1. We won't be able to hire any kind of half-decent manager because we don't have the players or the money to really push on so what's the point? Would not be surprised one bit if we get relegated now.

Sometimes I hate supporting such a ridiculous club, seemed like we'd finally landed on our feet with Trew and Short, but no, things can never be simple. It's shameful.

Joke decision, lets face it Notts County are punching above their weight .

Lol, I think they expect a lot more than they should.

Stupid decision by the board. One of my pet hates is football chairman who do not know what they are doing. Im so grateful ours is a fan who has the club's best intrests at heart. County have done well this season in my opinion to consolidate so far, and if anything this is more likely to destabalise their season than enhance it. I just feel sorry for the County fans