craig thomson finally given the boot

Reaction score
Craig Thomson the hearts player has finally had his contract terminated by hearts after the defender was convicted of child molestation.Although it has been heard that Vladimir Romanov is going to give the player a "lifeline" by sending him to FK Kaunas in Lithuania.

Personally i dont think this is far enough.

Views guys?

Far Enough? how much further do you propose they go?

He will get another chance if he has talent. Just look at Marlon King.

Craig Thomson the hearts player has finally had his contract terminated by hearts after the defender was convicted of child molestation.Although it has been heard that Vladimir Romanov is going to give the player a "lifeline" by sending him to FK Kaunas in Lithuania.

Personally i dont think this is far enough.

Views guys?

Are you sure about that? I thought he was just put on the register for talking inappropriatley to a 12 and 14 year old via the internet. I say 'just' its still not right.

If he did actually molest (sp?) a child, its a prison sentence.

Though i know its a serious crime, there are far worse crimes current footballers have done e.g Lee Hughes who murdered someone and still plays...

To be fair, if children weren't so sexy these days, he wouldn't be in such trouble.

Rather than blame the player, I am going to blame sexulisation of children in fashion/the media.

Not really. Not surprised he has been sacked, but to ban him from football would be stupid. He's made a mistake, he's going to suffer the consequences where ever he plays, at the end of the day, everyone deserves a second chance.

Spot on. Why that player got a contract as soon as he came out of prison is shocking. King should be banned for life as well.

Football . ..dogs etc.

Despite my comment about Lee Hughes, i think hearts dealt with it wrongly especially when they had a go at the SFA!

To be fair, if children weren't so sexy these days, he wouldn't be in such trouble.

Rather than blame the player, I am going to blame sexulisation of children in fashion/the media.

Not really. Not surprised he has been sacked, but to ban him from football would be stupid. He's made a mistake, he's going to suffer the consequences where ever he plays, at the end of the day, everyone deserves a second chance.

agreed. Much as I dislike what has gone on, been convicted by the courts, and fired by his club

Justice was done in the end. Can’t have someone like that around our club. I don’t really agree with him going to Kaunas either. Why should they be left with a *** offender?

In any other workplace he would have been fired straight after his conviction but to Mad Vlad he was an asset that they had spent money developing so were reluctant to let him go,it was only when Hearts started to lose sponsorships and the sweet moolah that comes with them that he thought differantly,the loser here(in a footballing sense!) is Jim Jeffries,he's had to cope with the media circus and lose a decent player who he'll probably have to replace now.

The fella made a big mistake but banning him from football would be wrong,the courts and Hearts have dished the punishment out already so let the guy rebuild his career and live with the neverending shame of what he done!

Quite rightly he got sacked but he shouldnt get banned completely from football. Marlon King is a prime example. Everyone makes a mistake (maybe not as big as this) and every one deserves a second chance. Maybe not at Hearts or not even a team in Scotland but Craig Thompson will get another chance somewhere !!

As much as I ******* hate Hearts, it was Romanov that kept him at the club, and it's Romanov that wants his football career to continue. There's apparent talk of him moving to FC Kaunas. The cretins that support the club, and the players themselves wanted the **** out.

This won't be the last time we hear about this guy.

Justice has been done really. You can't have a convicted *** offender and then expect to be taken seriously. I remember when Clyde signed Alan Lithgow, who had been done for indecent exposure, every team in the league thought they were a laughing stock.

Also, I think the OP should be edited. He didn't molest anyone, he groomed two girls, 12 and 14, over the internet.

The fella made a big mistake but banning him from football would be wrong,the courts and Hearts have dished the punishment out already so let the guy rebuild his career and live with the neverending shame of what he done!

Quite rightly he got sacked but he shouldnt get banned completely from football. Marlon King is a prime example. Everyone makes a mistake (maybe not as big as this) and every one deserves a second chance. Maybe not at Hearts or not even a team in Scotland but Craig Thompson will get another chance somewhere !!

I have to disagree. Football is a family sport & he should not be allowed anywhere near children. If you had kids would you want them anywhere near a *** offender?

Obviously he will have to work but he will have a severance & it’s an ideal chance to learn a new trade.

As much as I ******* hate Hearts, it was Romanov that kept him at the club, and it's Romanov that wants his football career to continue. There's apparent talk of him moving to FC Kaunas. The cretins that support the club, and the players themselves wanted the **** out.

This won't be the last time we hear about this guy.

Try and avoided the foul language please.

I have to disagree. Football is a family sport & he should not be allowed anywhere near children. If you had kids would you want them anywhere near a *** offender?

Obviously he will have to work but he will have a severance & it’s an ideal chance to learn a new trade.

I get what you're saying,i have 2 daughters aged 10&4 so i know what you mean but i wouldn't take them to the football due to other aspects of football supporters these days,Do you honestly feel that football IS a family sport or would you like it to be? I would like to be able to take my kids on days out to the football but the harsh reality is some fans don't care if kids are there or not and take the opportunity to be total disgrace's to the sport with vile Insults and sectarian singing as well as attacking managers?

Being a Rangers fan i know only too well of the disease that plagues my club so in that respect until things clear up i wouldn't take them to a match just yet?

If what Craig Thomson's done proves to be a gargantuan,rush of blood to the head mistake or whether he's going to be a repeat offender remains to be seen but i still feel it would be wrong to hound him out of footbal when there's people that have killed,assaulted and potentially raped other people still plying their trade?

I get what you're saying,i have 2 daughters aged 10&4 so i know what you mean but i wouldn't take them to the football due to other aspects of football supporters these days,Do you honestly feel that football IS a family sport or would you like it to be? I would like to be able to take my kids on days out to the football but the harsh reality is some fans don't care if kids are there or not and take the opportunity to be total disgrace's to the sport with vile Insults and sectarian singing as well as attacking managers?

Being a Rangers fan i know only too well of the disease that plagues my club so in that respect until things clear up i wouldn't take them to a match just yet?

If what Craig Thomson's done proves to be a gargantuan,rush of blood to the head mistake or whether he's going to be a repeat offender remains to be seen but i still feel it would be wrong to hound him out of footbal when there's people that have killed,assaulted and potentially raped other people still plying their trade?

I see what you are saying but I don’t justify the likes of Lee Hughes or Marlon King playing either. The same goes for Roman Bednar & Gary O’Conner who were caught with drugs. If that had been a teacher they’d have no chance of finding another job in the same profession. You’d hope anyway. I think when you are in a position where you might be looked up to or be thought of as a role model then you should behave in such a manor.

I’m sure Thompson will have been to schools and stuff on trips, I’d be disgusted. I think you know exactly what you are getting into if you are grooming girls of that age. It’s not like the Graham Rix situation where he was in a nightclub where you’d expect everyone to be of age.

I still like to think of football as a place to take your kids. I’d have no qualms about taking my son to football games.

I hear he's going to Falkirk. Apparently, he's always had a thing for the Bairns;)

Only Scots are gonna get this one.