Lempriere

Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't just something fishy in my saved game or whatever, but is anyone else noticing a distinct drop off in quality of Regens coming through after or six seasons or so?

I'm currently in the 2021-22 season in my game and proper world-class, 5-star Regen youngsters coming through is becoming an increasingly rare occurence. There were quite a lot up to around 2017, but since then the standard of players coming through has, in general, declined massively. If I look at Genie Scout and sort players by Potential Ability or Best Potential Rating, the first 50 players or so are either ageing real-world players (Gotze, Hazard, Neymar etc), or Regens that were introduced in the first few seasons of my game and are now in their mid-20s. I literally have to scroll down past about 50 players or more before I reach someone under the age of 20! If I search for players under 18, there are about 10 players with Best Potential Ratings %'s in the mid-high 70's, but nobody whose potential measures up to what's already there - and it's been like this for the last few seasons for me. I haven't seen a Regen teenager with a BPR of 80% or above for maybe four seasons now.

Is anyone else finding this? Is this just a random and transitory dip in standards, or evidence of a permanent decline in quality? Even Barcelona's team is currently stocked with 3-star players in my game!

must be just your game mate, can't say i've seen a difference in the games i've played that far

Don't forget that there isn't a Messi created every year. Also don't judge players solely based off of PA and the rating given by Genie Scout. Any player with a PA about 170 or so can likely turn into a world class player and dominate with a good team. It's all about where the stats are and the hidden attributes that really say whether or not a player ends up being great. Sure, if you're looking to buy the 2 190+ PA regens you find each year you may be outa luck, but I've bought plenty of PA 165 players that go on to have insane careers.

It just sounds like a bad roll of the die, or maybe you're scouts havnt been looking in the right places to find where those "special" regens have been created.

There is no such thing as a "5 star" regen. All players are based on the ability of all the other players. 3 stars means they will most likely reach the standard of your current players (I believe)

The most likely reason why you dont get any "5 star" regens anymore is that you have an amazing team already, and they will only be at the same ability as your current ability. Players with 5 star potential mean they can potentially far exceed your best players.