Brentford x

Reaction score
Ive just got a crash dump half way through my first friendly game. Is this normal? What do i do?

I'm getting crash dumps whenever I try to start a match, I'v deleted the crash dump file, renamed the registry blob file, deleted the settings file, beat my girlfriend with the disk (well, maybe not but I'm frustrated!) I just want to play the game, I have a top end laptop with fibre optic broadband, has anyone got any idea why this is happening?

I cant even load the game up every time i load it up it comes up with error crash dump found in my windows. every time i delete it it comes strait back up with same error and folder is there again it is so frustrating!!

I cant even load the game up every time i load it up it comes up with error crash dump found in my windows. every time i delete it it comes strait back up with same error and folder is there again it is so frustrating!!

Me to. It started happening when I downloaded the Data Editor which seems to have fubar'd the game. I've tried reinstalling several times but the same message comes up. Even System Restore doesn't help.

What's happening to kempy7 is exactly the same as me, I've also deleted crash dumps file and registry blob and reinstalled several times but it still isn't work, only thing I haven't done is delete the setting file, how do you find it? I am so annoyed about this paid £30 and can't play the matches, I can holiday them, but I'd much rather be playing the matches. Seems I might have to go and buy a new copy. For some reason I can play matches with Blackburn it's in September I had started it with the demo, but I dare say it will stop working at the end of December.

the same thing, when i starting to play match its dropping me out from the game to the desktop

Same problem exactly.... can't play the game now? any reply to these?

im having exactley the same problem with my first friendly but im also getting xml parsing errors !!!..its so frustrating its unreal !!!

I'm getting crash dumps whenever I try to start a match, I'v deleted the crash dump file, renamed the registry blob file, deleted the settings file, beat my girlfriend with the disk (well, maybe not but I'm frustrated!) I just want to play the game, I have a top end laptop with fibre optic broadband, has anyone got any idea why this is happening?

I brother had that problem, its because his laptop did not support the 3D engine, if you went into preferences and turned 3D off, then your game will work fine.

I found out a solution to if you downloaded any custom badges/kits thats the problem delete them, uninstall the game and steam then reinstall the game and steam.

I brother had that problem, its because his laptop did not support the 3D engine, if you went into preferences and turned 3D off, then your game will work fine.

I have a top of the range laptop, with top of the range processors, graphics cards, sound cards, memory. I appreciate your comment but I'm not naive enough, or stupid enough to try and run a game without the correct specs. I don't want to use the 2D match engine, I want to be able to turn my laptop on and play a game that I had no problems with until they decided to use Steam. It's the worst move they ever made, people have nothing but issues with it. Then they wonder why people download it illegally. If It doesn't get any better soon, that's exactly what I'll be doing from next year if they don't sort it out. I begrudge paying £30 every year to have it crash all the time.

I have a top of the range laptop, with top of the range processors, graphics cards, sound cards, memory. I appreciate your comment but I'm not naive enough, or stupid enough to try and run a game without the correct specs. I don't want to use the 2D match engine, I want to be able to turn my laptop on and play a game that I had no problems with until they decided to use Steam. It's the worst move they ever made, people have nothing but issues with it. Then they wonder why people download it illegally. If It doesn't get any better soon, that's exactly what I'll be doing from next year if they don't sort it out. I begrudge paying £30 every year to have it crash all the time.

Right on point!

I just had a crash dump there was into my 5th season with brighton an had won the championship, europa league and was currently top of the league an felt confident of winning another trophy lol absolutely sickened had built a good young team with alot of brilliant young regens out on loan. I had it on a rollin save as well but still could not load the game so won't be playin it for a while now gutted lol!

Crash Dumps.

For anyone having trouble with Crash Dumps, this could be a way of fixing the problem.

Ensure Football Manager 2012 is not running before completing the steps.

1. Log onto your Steam account and right click on 'Football Manager 2012'.
2. Now select the 'Properties' tab at the bottom.
3. Click 'Local Files'.
4. Now select 'Verify Intergrity of Game Cache.'
5. Once this has compelted, Defragment the Cache Files.

When Football Manager 2012 starts up, an application called 'minicrashdump.exe' and a couple of other files are created in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam directory which causes the game to run a process for the game to display an error and shut itself down.

I'm no expert, but this has worked for me. Good luck.

Last edited:
Such problems may be occurring on your system due to presence of malware, virus or other infections. Crash dump is a common problem among PC users. You can use reimage software for getting rid of such annoying problems. Reimage reviews have shown that the product will superb on your system.

"football manager 2012 . 04 quit " ....is coming up every time at the same date!! and i have go to local files and defragment and it still not works, and i have try that with "turn off 3D" and its still not works...... please help.
Frustrating fm gamer.

I updated my graphics drivers and it's been fine ever since!