Crash Dump - Not Steam Related

Gazhammer

Banned
Reaction score
Posting in "safe mode" as my PC has gone **** up since getting a crash dump whilst playing FM.

I dont know if there was already a problem which caused the crash dump, or if the crash dump is the cause of the problem?

Got the crash dump last night, this morning when i tried to load FM the game would not load any of my saves, then i had trouble with windows crashing and i have also had the dreaded "blue screen" which i believe is a sign of a fatal error, although it did not stay on long enough for me to read.

I cant do a recovery, as i have not set a time previous when my PC was working ok, does anyone have any ideas as to a solution?

Thanks

Does windows not set a time automatically for system restore?

Does windows not set a time automatically for system restore?

Actually it did, so i did a restore but its telling me it did not complete successfully?

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Apparently my last attempt at a system restore worked successfully, or so it said, but when i try to load up FM i'm getting this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Does this mean i have to do an uninstall-reinstall?

I did a recovery on my PC and uninstalled-reinstalled FM and started a new game, but i've just had another crash dump?

Its something i've only been getting very recently and NEVER had this problem at all until lately, anyone know what causes them or a fix that stops them?

Cheers

have you deleted the crash dumps files mate ? Also, enter the game, and put the volume to the minimum, that worked fine for me ..

As I said, it worked for me mate :) Give me some feedback if the problem gets fixed !

I did a recovery on my PC and uninstalled-reinstalled FM and started a new game, but i've just had another crash dump?

Its something i've only been getting very recently and NEVER had this problem at all until lately, anyone know what causes them or a fix that stops them?

Cheers

When this happened to me i had to reinstall Windows it was the only way i could fix it, but im sure there is another solution.

Hello everyone..

I am currently playing in 2026-27 season

but suddenly an error appears : 'A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in C:/users/george/documents/sports interactive/fm 2010/crash dumps'

this totally closes the game!!

what should I do?????????

I also tried deleting the APPS >> ... >> SETTINGS folder
but seems it didn't worked

I am using Win XP

not using Steam to run game....

any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!