Crash dump?!?!

andyoc03

Reaction score
i encountered a major problem in my game. ''application error''. pre season in 2nd season and this message keeps popping up: '' an error file has been generated in: YOUR-83BD725DA3/C:/Documents and Settings/Compaq-owner/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/crash dumps''. anybody know whats the deal with this? its stopping me from continuing the game. PLEASE HELP!!!

use to get that in the 08 but so far,never in the 09;had to start a new game every time it happened!...hope Sean's solution works otherwise,you will have to start a new game......

tried that. didnt work. thanks anyways. i think il just download the 9.3 patch and hope it doesnt happen again

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

downloaded patch 9.3 and the problem is gone!! leeds utd on the way up!

I think Crash Dump can happen if you are using your own data base, or using real time editor.
If you leave your save game compressed there is less chance of a crash dump error

Real time editor did this once to me luckily i was able to recover the game

this happened to me i had to reboot my pc and re install football manager.
it often ocurs when you put downloads such as logos and kits in the locations or turn of football manager while it is still saving.
this also only occurs if you have downloaded it from a torrent and not got it from the shop like the majority of us.

I am now getting crash dumps,its an offical copy bought instore and only started after dowloadind some tasty skins and face packs and i know it can hjappen after downloadind stuff,If i start a fresh game is it likely that will be the end of it,as i downloaded quite a bit midgame?

cheers

my problem is similar, whilst i am playing my laptop suddenly shutsdown, however it never used to do this. does anybody know how to stop this from happening? could it ber because of the skins and logos etc i have downloaded?

my problem is similar, whilst i am playing my laptop suddenly shutsdown, however it never used to do this. does anybody know how to stop this from happening? could it ber because of the skins and logos etc i have downloaded?

FM is pretty demanding on a laptop, mine sometimes overheats when I'm playing FM and switches off.

Well im getting crash dumps again YIPPPPIIIIE!!!!. I love a game where you can view in 3d but the so called stadium is rubbish, cant see a single fan,crash dumps every so often,more shots hitting the woodwork than ive ever seen in my life EVER!!.Having said all that i still love the game like mad.Sometimes you just have to laugh!!!

Here endeth the rant!!!lol